Strikeback alarm-advice needed please (1 Viewer)

Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
We have a Strikeback alarm fitted by Vanbitz about ten years ago. It hasn't been used for a long time but after the thread about 'moving on if you don't feel safe' it seemed sensible to use the alarm again. With new batteries in the fobs I tried to arm by pressing the little knobbly button A. It didn't want to arm but eventually did with all beeps and flashes correct.
Then I tried to disarm by pressing button A. Nothing happened. Opened door, alarm went off. Stopped after about 25 secs. LED still flashing regularly. Tried to disarm again but it wouldn't do it. I read some internet comment which said get as close to door or front as possible so I did that. Eventually the regular LED flash stopped and has been replaced by a flashing pattern of 2 flashes, short break, 5 flashes, longer break then repeat. The system did not beep to indicate a triggered circuit though a circuit obviously was triggered when I opened to door and set the alarm off.
Not sure what to do now, any advice please? I haven't tried opening the door again in case the system is still alarmed.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
eddievanbitz is your man to tell u what the flashes are i have looked up my user manual and there is no sequence listed as 2 flashes break 5 flashes.

i would look again at the battteries in the key fob to make sure they are good and have good contact. particularly if there were discharged batteries sitting in the fob for some time,

there is an overide that you can instigate you should know where that is from your user booklet

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
V
Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Thanks, yes I will try Eddie tomorrow but I'm worried about overnight in case the alarm goes off. The fob batteries are new and working. I have checked the LED flash codes and though there is something for 2 and for 5 there is nothing for them both in sequence.
Can't do the manual override tonight as my ears won't take the alarm noise while I do it. Have to get really good earplugs tomorrow.
Grateful for any advice.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
to reset the irregular flashing you need to turn ignition on...... so means risking alarm going off o_O

did the lights or on my van the indicators flash "once" when you tried to disarm it?

if they did then its most likely disarmed..

OP
OP
V
Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
to reset the irregular flashing you need to turn ignition on...... so means risking alarm going off o_O

did the lights or on my van the indicators flash "once" when you tried to disarm it?

if they did then its most likely disarmed..
I didn't see the lights flash but I was standing at the driver's door. I would have expected to hear 2 beeps to tell me a code had been triggered.
The fobs seem to be working as when I press there is a red light.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
the expected 2 beeps you are correct. have you tried rearming it and watching for the 2 flashes plus the 3rd after 5 seconds to confirm armed.
then disarm again.
at least you will know what state of arm its in.

OP
OP
V
Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
the expected 2 beeps you are correct. have you tried rearming it and watching for the 2 flashes plus the 3rd after 5 seconds to confirm armed.
then disarm again.
I've tried rearming it but because it is the B button for arm and disarm
then disarm again.
Thanks Phill,
Just tried what you suggested but alarm will not rearm, i.e. no 2 flashes followed by third.
Still the steady LED pattern of 2 flashes then 5 flashes. At least the alarm has not gone off so probably will be alright overnight. I'll contact Eddie tomorrow and buy some earplugs!

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
We have a Strikeback alarm fitted by Vanbitz about ten years ago. It hasn't been used for a long time but after the thread about 'moving on if you don't feel safe' it seemed sensible to use the alarm again. With new batteries in the fobs I tried to arm by pressing the little knobbly button A. It didn't want to arm but eventually did with all beeps and flashes correct.
Then I tried to disarm by pressing button A. Nothing happened. Opened door, alarm went off. Stopped after about 25 secs. LED still flashing regularly. Tried to disarm again but it wouldn't do it. I read some internet comment which said get as close to door or front as possible so I did that. Eventually the regular LED flash stopped and has been replaced by a flashing pattern of 2 flashes, short break, 5 flashes, longer break then repeat. The system did not beep to indicate a triggered circuit though a circuit obviously was triggered when I opened to door and set the alarm off.
Not sure what to do now, any advice please? I haven't tried opening the door again in case the system is still alarmed.
Apolgise to your neighbours....hope Eddie heps

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Courtesy of strikeback booklet.?
3a. TURNING SYSTEM OFF - ATTACK RECORDED ONE flash of the lights, followed by TWO rapid beeps
When you disarm the system, under normal operation the system LED is extinguished when the system is disarmed, but when the system has been triggered the system LED will remain flashing a 'code' to alert you to the fact that the system has been triggered. This diagnostic function of the LED will be cleared the next time you turn the ignition on, or Strikeback is re-armed.
The LED flash sequence is:
2 flashes every six seconds = cab door & caravan door
3 flashes every six seconds = bonnet (and optional gas detector)
4 flashes every six seconds =lockers & accessory loop
5 flashes every six seconds = Microwave (hyper frequency unit)
6 flashes every six seconds = ignition alarm
7 flashes every six seconds =current drop (when installed)

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Sounds like it could be internal microwave sensor, try pressing button a once and then before it arms button b twice it should bleep three times for each button b press that disarms internal sensor and will tell if that’s the problem.?

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
You have disarmed the system. The LED’s are flashing to advise you the alarm has been triggered, and which circuit caused it.

Presumably from the flash code you opened a cab door and the door contact and the hyper frequency motion detector spotted this.

Best you call us tomorrow 01823 321992 and if we fitted the system for you, we will be able to look up what we fitted, and refresh your memory on how to use it

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
That’s what I call service ?
You have disarmed the system. The LED’s are flashing to advise you the alarm has been triggered, and which circuit caused it.

Presumably from the flash code you opened a cab door and the door contact and the hyper frequency motion detector spotted this.

Best you call us tomorrow 01823 321992 and if we fitted the system for you, we will be able to look up what we fitted, and refresh your memory on how to use it
That’s what I call service ?

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
I am sure its all sorted by now but even after ten years I still need on occasions to refer to the booklet that came with the strikeback.
Excellent Kit, excellent service
Mike & Ann

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Did you call the office?

OP
OP
V
Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Did you call the office?
Yes Eddie, I did and spoke with Nick. The alarm was disarmed as I had opened the door to check before ringing Nick. I switched on the ignition and cancelled the codes. Like Phill D I did not realise that 2 codes could be notified at the same time. Upshot of the conversation with Nick is that I'm sending back the fobs tomorrow to be checked out. They are behaving strangely even with the new batteries. If Nick can fix the problem he will, otherwise we'll make the long (for us) journey to you to have new fobs and whatever else is needed.
I did ask Nick to thank you for your intervention on Sunday. Thanks again anyway.

OP
OP
V
Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
i learned something from eddievanbitz reply yesterday in that the LED can display 2 codes for a breach of the system not just 1..

you live and learn....
Yes, I learnt that as well. I do appreciate your help and advice, thank you.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Yes Eddie, I did and spoke with Nick. The alarm was disarmed as I had opened the door to check before ringing Nick. I switched on the ignition and cancelled the codes. Like Phill D I did not realise that 2 codes could be notified at the same time. Upshot of the conversation with Nick is that I'm sending back the fobs tomorrow to be checked out. They are behaving strangely even with the new batteries. If Nick can fix the problem he will, otherwise we'll make the long (for us) journey to you to have new fobs and whatever else is needed.
I did ask Nick to thank you for your intervention on Sunday. Thanks again anyway.
So long as it is all in hand that's the most important thing (y)

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hi violet
Nick has said that you have sent back a radio key, but you haven't put your contact details with the covering note. Can you call on 01823 321992 please so that the office can help you
nickvanbitz

OP
OP
V
Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Hi violet
Nick has said that you have sent back a radio key, but you haven't put your contact details with the covering note. Can you call on 01823 321992 please so that the office can help you
nickvanbitz
Hi
Just seen this Nick, I'll ring tomorrow. I sent both of the fobs with the innards.
thanks
V

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back