Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
I know a number of MHF members do The Tour De France, Tour De Yorkshire etc, but as anyone any experience of touring during a World Cup or alike?

NO......not Football......wrong shaped ball!

In 2023 The Rugby World Cup will be taking place in France. Venues will be Bordeaux, Lille, Lyon, Marseille, Nantes, Nice, Saint-Denis (Paris), Saint-Etienne and Toulouse.

We know we’ll need to park up on the outskirts of the towns / cities and travel in on public transport, and, we know we’ll have a better chance of tickets for the ‘less’ attractive games. I’m sure overnight spaces will disappear quickly.

Anyone done a road trip like this?

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We often plan our trips around a sporting occasion, be it a classic motor race or the TDF. We find it is a good way of travelling routes that are less obvious and gives the trip a focus, having booked tickets our dates and crossings can be planned around.
Don’t know about rugby but I imagine that compared to say the TDF, the numbers travelling in MHs will be relatively low and so finding places to overnight not a great problem. Concentrate on obtaining the tickets for the matches and go from there.
It sounds like the making of a great trip.

OP
OP
Sapper520

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
We often plan our trips around a sporting occasion, be it a classic motor race or the TDF. We find it is a good way of travelling routes that are less obvious and gives the trip a focus, having booked tickets our dates and crossings can be planned around.
Don’t know about rugby but I imagine that compared to say the TDF, the numbers travelling in MHs will be relatively low and so finding places to overnight not a great problem. Concentrate on obtaining the tickets for the matches and go from there.
It sounds like the making of a great trip.

Not a Bears fan then?(y)

The south of France is predominantly the Rugby Union strong area, which is why most of the venues are down that way. The French like their MH’s, so I’m guessing with it being in France, Aires will be popular. :unsure:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 11, 2019
North Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 700
Exp
A newbie
We did the 2007 World Cup in France. As the French have the fantastic TGV system we based ourselves in Avignon and travelled to matches by rail. We will do the same again in 2023. Great to have a comfortable base to relax between matches. Wonderful country to watch the tournament in. Weather was great and the gastronomic delights of France made it very pleasant. Friends of ours based themselves in Perpignan and did the same.

OP
OP
Sapper520

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
We did the 2007 World Cup in France. As the French have the fantastic TGV system we based ourselves in Avignon and travelled to matches by rail. We will do the same again in 2023. Great to have a comfortable base to relax between matches. Wonderful country to watch the tournament in. Weather was great and the gastronomic delights of France made it very pleasant. Friends of ours based themselves in Perpignan and did the same.

Sounds a good option. (y)

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
I can't help much but I was well jealous of this that we saw in Poland a couple of years ago

20180811_111703.jpg

OP
OP
Sapper520

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Joking apart where are you we are just over the border cheers Rod

Football is not recognised as a sport in our family. :whistle:

Rugby......Bears supporters but VERY different loyalties on the international scene. Hence the research into a Rugby Road Trip for the World Cup.(y)

Weston-super-Mare (please note the correct way to write it ;)).

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
At the time I was 73 and not a cricket fan but went with my cricket fanatic and ace bowler Bro In Law to one of his village cricket matches at St. Columb Major. In spite of not knowing much about the rules they made me an umpire. Fortunately for me it was late afternoon and one of those really thick Cornish drizzles descended and misted my specs but no-one could really see what was happening anyway through the damp gloom. Damn fine tea of scones, jam and clotted cream though.

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
At the time I was 73 and not a cricket fan but went with my cricket fanatic and ace bowler Bro In Law to one of his village cricket matches at St. Columb Major. In spite of not knowing much about the rules they made me an umpire. Fortunately for me it was late afternoon and one of those really thick Cornish drizzles descended and misted my specs but no-one could really see what was happening anyway through the damp gloom. Damn fine tea of scones, jam and clotted cream though.
Which one first it really matters down here

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Jam first for me as it makes a firmer base upon which to pile the cream. If I try to put jam onto the cream the cream just ooozes over the sides of the scone.
Put the cream on the bottom half then the jam on the top half. Press gently together. Sorted!

Watch the best sellers list for my compendium of other life hacks, would make a handy Christmas present 😀

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Put the cream on the bottom half then the jam on the top half. Press gently together. Sorted!

Watch the best sellers list for my compendium of other life hacks, would make a handy Christmas present 😀
You would then have to turn it upside down 😂

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
No complaints from the area south of you but will look into your suggested version.😆

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back