Big Lad

Free Member
Mar 9, 2015
Tamworth
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 570E
Exp
In our workshop we use the Autosmart ultra mousse, along with the lance the supplier stocked.
You spray it on, cover the motorhome in the thick foam which lasts for about 10 minutes. after a couple of minutes i usually use a very soft bristled long reach brush to agitate and remove dark streaks etc..
in the meantime the mildew is being dissolved by the foam.

A good rinse later, the van is clean. I can then go over it with a high wax wash or shampoo.

what some people do wrong is apply a foam which is basically a high wax / gloss foam which in some cases wont shift a lot of the muck as its more wax than a detergent so you give it a helping hand with the brush.

The foam the autosmart supplier sells us is more of a detergent cleaner than a shiny wax finish.

cant say I've had any problems using it on my old lunar roadstar.

Last edited:

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I bought some branded stuff from Halfords and am disappointed with the results - I don't see that it has made any difference - it just takes longer when doing it.

I would be pleased to hear what I'm doing wrong because my white PVC gets dirty quickly and I'm finding that the only way I can remove the grime is to polish it off, even when I've foamed, rinsed and shampooed.

I then apply wax which apart from protecting the paintwork, also helps stop the grime from sticking. I'm using up my existing stock of wax before buying the wax recommended by Charlie which looks good.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back