Slow filling Rapido (1 Viewer)

Jan 7, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Having a problem with slow filling of diesel on my Rapido 883f A class, it takes about 15 minutes to get 60 litres into the tank, I have tried every pump position possible but it continually cuts out. Has anyone any thoughts what may be causing it, is there a tank breather system on the new Fiat 2.3, many thanks

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Having a problem with slow filling of diesel on my Rapido 883f A class, it takes about 15 minutes to get 60 litres into the tank, I have tried every pump position possible but it continually cuts out. Has anyone any thoughts what may be causing it, is there a tank breather system on the new Fiat 2.3, many thanks
Is it a new MH as had the same issue when I brought my 2017 Rapido MH. It helps if you turn the nozzle upside down but it is not ideal and not acceptable on a new MH. They fixed mine back at the dealers by moving the inlet pipe the way it should of been, seems to be very common on the new Rapido'sso i was told and they had already done half a dozen already. Not had any issues since they did that or not to the extent it was before anyway.

OP
OP
G
Jan 7, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks Zac, yes it is a new Rapido, tried turning the pump nozzle upside down and it helps a bit, currently over in France, will try to find a dealer to have a look at it, was it a big job to sort the pipe routing, kind Regards Gingertom

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Sounds like you have a kink in the pipework between the filler cap and the tank. 60 litres of fuel should be in your tank as quickly as the pump can supply it.

OP
OP
G
Jan 7, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks Zac, yes it is a new Rapido, tried turning the pump nozzle upside down and it helps a bit, currently over in France, will try to find a dealer to have a look at it, was it a big job to sort the pipe routing, kind Regards Gingertom

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Have you tried easing the filler nozzle out about 10mm to allow the air out.

I’m sure the nozzles work on back pressure.

Just a thought ?

OP
OP
G
Jan 7, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Silver Fox, I have tried the nozzle in lots of positions, upside down works a little better, also tried 3 different filling stations, found a Rapido dealer nearby so will call in to see what they think, Many thanks

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
If the converter has extended the filler neck he will have left the tank breather where it was in the old neck. This means it is below the pump nozzle outlet when it should be above. Finding a position where the incoming fuel is aimed away from the breather helps. Just the usual sloppy conversion practice I'm afraid.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Hi Silver Fox, I have tried the nozzle in lots of positions, upside down works a little better, also tried 3 different filling stations, found a Rapido dealer nearby so will call in to see what they think, Many thanks
I am afraid nothing will help, the pipe is just the wrong way inside, i had mine booked in for other warranty work and they did the fuel nozzle at the same time in 1 day. Fiat would not touch it as they said it was the fault of the converter. No other way to fix this than to get it done properly back at the dealer. It is a real pain especially abroad as they seem to fill a lot quicker than over here which is where i noticed it more. Very hard to tell the pump attendants just to slightly pull the trigger and that its not full up :)

Nov 10, 2013
worcester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
I have the same issue with my Rapido. I find that if I twist the handle around to the 3 oclock position it helps, but sometimes filling up is a real pain and takes far longer than it should. But on reading all of your posts it looks like it is something I will have to live with.
But on saying that I still love the van.

OP
OP
G
Jan 7, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks all for your responses, just to update, I took the motorhome to a Rapido dealer near Le Man's, they were very helpful and managed to book me in at the Mayenne factory, they have performed a modification to the pipe routing including grinding back some floor, they then filled up with 15 litres of fuel and I could see it is now filling normally, I must say I am very pleased with the help from Rapido, we can now hopefully get on with the holiday, Cheers

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
You can see that happening in the UK can't you :rofl:

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Thanks all for your responses, just to update, I took the motorhome to a Rapido dealer near Le Man's, they were very helpful and managed to book me in at the Mayenne factory, they have performed a modification to the pipe routing including grinding back some floor, they then filled up with 15 litres of fuel and I could see it is now filling normally, I must say I am very pleased with the help from Rapido, we can now hopefully get on with the holiday, Cheers
Very good service definitely not in the UK lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back