Site open over new year (1 Viewer)

petesam

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Funster No
Hiya all, can anyone tell me of a caravan site /field near to Exeter -Devon that is open Xmas /New Year that can accomodate 30ft RV -Urgent thanks Petesam.

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Brooklands Farm, Woodbury

Off Honey Lane at Woodbury: GPS: 50.7000 -3.3858
All hard-standing pitches and they can take up to 40ft but NOT on the main site as the site road is quite narrow. Over 30ft RV's will sometimes be put onto the main tarmac apron with an Electric point.
Be aware there is only a chemical disposal point in a building about 20 yards or so from the road so you will need a macerator/wastemaster - unless you can convince him to open a manhole cover!

Dave Moore is the man to speak to.

Dick from the Big Pitch Guide. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

petesam

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Funster No
site open all yar

Thank you Martyn & Moandick, I will ring Brooklands Farm tomorrow and check it out . Thanks again Petesam.

OP
OP
P

petesam

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Funster No
Brooklands Farm

Thank you all , I have spoke to Dave @ Brooklands Farm ( he was very helpfull & friendly ) so much so i have booked for a week over Xmas / New Year. I will keep you posted in the new year. Thanks again Petesam.

OP
OP
P

petesam

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Funster No
Brooklands Farm Devon

:Hiya all ,have just arrived back from Brooklands Farm Devon. We have had a great week.Small C&CC site just big enough to take our RV.Dave the proprietor i think was a little taken a back at the size of the RV but he coped very well. The site was clean but basic . Dave & his wife Sara were very friendly & very helpfull. Will vist again when in the area. Thanks again Dave. Peter.::

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Brooklands Farm

Quote ":Hiya all, have just arrived back from Brooklands Farm Devon. We have had a great week. Small C&CC site just big enough to take our RV. Dave the proprietor i think was a little taken a back at the size of the RV but he coped very well. The site was clean but basic . Dave & his wife Sara were very friendly & very helpfull. Will visit again when in the area. Thanks again Dave. Peter.::

As an update to your visit - (and Pete, I promise it has nothing to do with you personally whatsoever) Dave phoned me a couple of days ago to say that he was totally 'gobsmacked' at the size of an RV, he simply had not appreciated how big they could be - but when you arrived he decided to give it a try anyway. He was happy with the way that your visit went but, in his wisdom, he has now decided that the site is not suitable for RV's and has asked us to remove his advert from the Big Pitch Guide.

He has said that he intends to make the site much more RV friendly in the next year or two but has asked us to lay off him until that work is completed.

Dick

OP
OP
P

petesam

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Funster No
Brooklands Farm Devon

Hello Moandick , Thank you for your last posting.I am very sorry that Dave has decided to remove RVs from his site listings.Ican understand because his site is a little tight for us RV ers. Never the less, we had a great week @ Brooklands & wish Dave & Sara all the best for the future . Hope they open up in the future to cater for us, as they are nice people. Regards Peter.

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Peter....sorry to hijack your thread but did you sort out your awning?

Cheers
Linda

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back