See France - but at a price! fare not fair (1 Viewer)

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
Has anyone noticed the 50% increase in Sea France fares? Wanted to book for summer but had to wait til last week so the misses could confirm her holidays with her work. Before the new year the fare was sixty quid, but now it is EIGHTYNINE. Very expensive, although it fades slightly when you consider the four hundred and fifteen Norfokline want to get from Belfast to Birkenhead and back before we can even get to Dover!:cry:
Is there anyone out there with the ability to find out why this fare is no longer fair? cus I haven't had a straight answer from them.:
RollEyes:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi

Have you considered a Rosslare to Le Havre route ?

I don't know when you are travelling nor your van size but I tried a quote in March and June for a 6mt van .. 173.85 GBP return rising to 279.30 GBP in June

seems a better deal ?

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
was going to say the same rosslaire

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
weejohnw

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
Ferries

Thanks, have just checked this route, but only 1 sailing per week and dates would cut our holiday by a few days, plus it's too dear at £558.00. Looks like i'll just have to cough up and go with original plans!:Sad:

Last edited:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Weejohnw

I am not sure if it is true or not, but I was told that the booking websites increase fares when there is a lot of activity on them. I was advised that it is best to look for fares at an unsociable time.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi John, try here

Link Removed

that is for minimum three returns, and you can sell/transfer one of them so even if you only use one return works out cheap.

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
hi, i heard sometime ago that some of the online sites actually monitor frequent users/visiters and can alter the prices to reflect this, just in case its true delete any cookies and try again, its proberbly a load of nonsence but its worth a try

OP
OP
weejohnw

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
Hi thanks for this, just phoned Sea France, 3 return tickets for £192 great value, but no use to us, sorry. Only planning to go once and can allocate another return to my brother-in-law, buying two returns is still cheaper. Great offer if your travelling more often, and thanks for the advice, greeeeeeat folks on this site!
Last night the Sea France price for our dates and 7meters home was 89 quid, this morning it's 82, maybe it'll keep getting cheaper!

Regards Wee John:thumb:

badger1

Free Member
Jan 8, 2008
forest of dean glos
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
3 years and caravanning 25 years
ferry fare

Hi all, just booked motorhome and trailer with kit car on with Norfolk Line Dover to Dunkirk
£99 return, Sea France is to expensive all the time ! Regards Gordon:thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Used Norfolk Line too.. August bookings 7mtr unit, £70.02 :Smile:
And looking at other posts, it might not be a great idea to book with Sea France at the moment !!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back