Scotland /Routes advice please (1 Viewer)

crossy

Free Member
Feb 6, 2016
Tameside
Funster No
MH
Burstner 726g Sovereign
Exp
5 yrs
Morning ladies and gents
We are travelling to Scotland with a scooter in tow middle of July and intend going up the west coast for a one week trip to this amazing country

Travelling from Greater Manchester so stopping off near Penrith maybe and then into Scotland.

Could anyone offer some advice as to nice areas to visit please? It’s a vast place so I’m trying to get the most out of our 7 nights there.
Glencoe and fort William are on the list and any campsite advice would be greatly appreciated please.

Thanks in advance
Phil

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Most people pass by Dumfries and Galloway on their way up to the west coast. Its a lovely place and well worth the detour. You can drive through the Galloway Forrest up to Ayr then head off up further north from there.

OP
OP
crossy

crossy

Free Member
Feb 6, 2016
Tameside
Funster No
MH
Burstner 726g Sovereign
Exp
5 yrs
I will have a look at that , sounds good thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Go to a small village called Kinlochleven and wild camp right next to the public toilets next to the road bridge over looking the river lovely spot toilets open from around 8am to 6m and clean sign saying motorhomes welcome

There is a donation box if you wish to donate we did as it goes towards the toilets

Nice little bar behind the spot selling food and drink nd a co op to stock up on food

Then head to inveraray and visit the jail do the tour with the head phones it's very interesting and a lovely little village to all around and admire the loch

Buy some midge repellent Avon so soft or smidge you will need it

Enjoy the views drive slowly take them in and stop for plenty if cups of tea in remote places and get and and go for walks if your able to

Ride up the applecross path on your scooter the views are amazing wrap up warm though it's cold at the top

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Also drive a bit further than Penrith and stay here wild camp DG10 9LF

It is a lovely spot between the mountains £3 for the night national trust honesty box it's the 5th highest waterfall in the UK it's called grey mares tail we were there all on our own all night

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
As others have suggested don't discount D&G, we have everything here apart from the crowds and high prices.

Glencoe is stunning but I wouldn't be too upset if I missed Fort William, it's okay but nothing special apart from Ben Nevis. If you're thinking of walking up BN just remember the so called tourist route is still tough, make sure you take all the necessary clothing .

If you decide to do D&G let me know and I'll give you a more detailed reply

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
It is a lovely spot between the mountains £3 for the night national trust honesty box it's the 5th highest waterfall in the UK it's called grey mares tail we were there all on our own all night
Seen it better as not a lot of rain and Loch Skeen was fairly low. Honest Injun, nae photo-shopping the clouds out!

upload_2019-5-5_18-19-54.png

Superb sight when it has been raining (or a winters thaw on) and there's a wind blowing. It can look like a horses tail at the gallop!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back