RWG ..... Grrrrrr ... I'm VERY annoyed! (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
My main phone number is on a RWG PAYG sim with free mins/texts every month which I've had for a while. My hubby discovered a couple of days ago when he was trying to ring me that no calls were getting through, instead he just got a message saying "The Now mobile you have called is currently unavailable, please try again later". Nothing has changed at my end and for some reason all my credit has disappeared (about £8) too so I'm not best pleased.

After a lot of messing about I discovered that if I reboot my phone the sim works but only to receive a single call then it goes to the message again so the catch 22 is that I can't call it to check if it's working as it stops immediately afterwards and I don't want to do it so that at least a single call can hopefully be received in case Mum's care home etc ring me! I hasten to add that I did use it occasionally to keep it live so it's not timed out due to no calls/texts being made.

I tried to ring RWG but no-one answered so I fired off an urgent email yesterday lunchtime to their customer services (not the on-line contact) and got a response at 9.45 this morning asking me to fill in a form so they could forward it to EE, I duly did so but have heard nothing since. As a consequence of not being contactable on my main number, which for many is the ONLY number they have, and also losing all my credit there's no benefit in me staying with them at all now so I've just requested my PAC code and it's going to be ported on Tuesday to one of the cheap Lebara sims I've got as I know they work! I am so glad I got the Lebara sims now and didn't rely on using RWG with a 'bundle' for our upcoming holiday abroad.

The only 'good' news is that now I'm porting to Lebara I can ditch the RWG sim and stick the Lebara one in my dual sim main phone so 'might' not need the second phone that I was kindly given although I am very grateful for it as a spare as with my recent luck my main phone will probably decide to make matters worse and kick the bucket now! :LOL:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
My main phone number is on a RWG PAYG sim with free mins/texts every month which I've had for a while. My hubby discovered a couple of days ago when he was trying to ring me that no calls were getting through, instead he just got a message saying "The Now mobile you have called is currently unavailable, please try again later". Nothing has changed at my end and for some reason all my credit has disappeared (about £8) too so I'm not best pleased.

After a lot of messing about I discovered that if I reboot my phone the sim works but only to receive a single call then it goes to the message again so the catch 22 is that I can't call it to check if it's working as it stops immediately afterwards and I don't want to do it so that at least a single call can hopefully be received in case Mum's care home etc ring me! I hasten to add that I did use it occasionally to keep it live so it's not timed out due to no calls/texts being made.

I tried to ring RWG but no-one answered so I fired off an urgent email yesterday lunchtime to their customer services (not the on-line contact) and got a response at 9.45 this morning asking me to fill in a form so they could forward it to EE, I duly did so but have heard nothing since. As a consequence of not being contactable on my main number, which for many is the ONLY number they have, and also losing all my credit there's no benefit in me staying with them at all now so I've just requested my PAC code and it's going to be ported on Tuesday to one of the cheap Lebara sims I've got as I know they work! I am so glad I got the Lebara sims now and didn't rely on using RWG with a 'bundle' for our upcoming holiday abroad.

The only 'good' news is that now I'm porting to Lebara I can ditch the RWG sim and stick the Lebara one in my dual sim main phone so 'might' not need the second phone that I was kindly given although I am very grateful for it as a spare as with my recent luck my main phone will probably decide to make matters worse and kick the bucket now! :LOL:
I know this isn't what you are on about but I sometimes get the same with Vodafone, someone can ring me perfectly then someone else rings and gets that same message you are getting yet I'm in the same place, and showing 4 g.
I then get a message saying I have a missed call and I can ring them straight back.

Just don't get it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back