Rota: Motorhomers, their own worst enemy. (1 Viewer)

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Five weeks ago we were on the large carpark behind the Aire at Rota. Aire was full, carpark was full (of Moho's). Its a great spot, literally 2minutes walk from the beach and free.
As before when we've stopped there we were dismayed at the blatant "camping behaviour" of most of the residents (same on the Aire). The local Fuzz were making regular visits, usually 3 times per day, and didn't look overly happy to see us.
We felt it was only a matter of time before the carpark was closed to us Flats.
After a week we left and drove to a nice Aire near Sanluca de Barrameda (10e per night). About ten days later we drove back to Rota to do some shopping and drove by the carpark on our way back... The road leading down to the Aire and CP is wide, with multiple parking lay-bys on both sides,,, the lay-bys we're practically full of Moho's,,, the CP was empty!
We've returned twice since, looks like daytime parking is tolerated but no overnighting.
However,,, the Moho community, in their collective wisdom, have decided to set up camp on a large vacant site opposite the footy stadium,,, when I say, set up camp, I mean, set up camp.
This new "facility" is overlooked by new residential and holiday apartment blocks and much building work is being done constructing more of the aforementioned blocks.
Frankly, the "facility" looks a rite mess, some would say disgrace.
If I owned one of the apartments I would NOT want to be looking out over a sea of Moho's and all their paraphernalia.
It wont have a happy ending, of that I'm sure.
Rota is a lovely clean Town with a beautiful beach and promenade,,, I dont think us folk will be tolerated there for much longer?!

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Not a new phenomena, Back in late 90`s we used a beach front Site near Villajoysa, the seafront adjacent in front of some apartements was rammed with (Mostly German) Motorhomes. Following year we went back. The apartment owners had complained so much the police had moved them all. (Or so the site owner told us). Such behaviour never ends well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back