Rooftop Dometic Air Con Cover - Cleaning (1 Viewer)

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
I don't know about yours but mine is looking a bit grubby!

It got a few knocks (well scars more like) across the very top in France last year going down a lane with low hanging branches. I cleaned the whole roof at the weekend (not a job I want to do that often) but it was really filthy up there after the winter and looks like new now. And yes, in case you're wondering, I can see the roof (from a bedroom window).

The 'Dometic' stickers on the side of the air con unit are peeling off which annoys me as you'd think that they've been making these things for a while now and should have perfected a weatherproof version of their own damned logo wouldn't you think? I mean, sticky letters! Mine now says 'Dometi' on one side as the 'c' came off. :rolleyes:

I wondered what you use to clean yours? PVCu cleaner maybe?

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I don't know about yours but mine is looking a bit grubby!

It got a few knocks (well scars more like) across the very top in France last year going down a lane with low hanging branches. I cleaned the whole roof at the weekend (not a job I want to do that often) but it was really filthy up there after the winter and looks like new now. And yes, in case you're wondering, I can see the roof (from a bedroom window).

The 'Dometic' stickers on the side of the air con unit are peeling off which annoys me as you'd think that they've been making these things for a while now and should have perfected a weatherproof version of their own damned logo wouldn't you think? I mean, sticky letters! Mine now says 'Dometi' on one side as the 'c' came off. :rolleyes:

I wondered what you use to clean yours? PVCu cleaner maybe?
Peter, I would remove the cover and take it to a local car paint shop, get it painted and add a clear coat. Up top there the GRP will always get neglected whereas paint and clear coat will stand the test of grime! (good one eh?)

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Peter, I would remove the cover and take it to a local car paint shop, get it painted and add a clear coat. Up top there the GRP will always get neglected whereas paint and clear coat will stand the test of grime! (good one eh?)

I did take it off, cleaned it up as best I could and it looks a lot better now (but still not as good it should be). Your solution Michael is a good one and I might do that. Your gag wasn't bad either (for an amateur) :ROFLMAO:

Those fastenings on the cover are another stupid solution. Pushing the centre pin through means they get lost in the inner workings and it took me ages to find the stupid things again - arghhhhh :mad:
(frustrated of Maidenhead)

And, more stickers came off too. Joining 'Dometi' on one side, I now have 'Dom tic' on the other! :eek:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
On a serious note, Dometic A/C units have a three year warranty parts and labour. If the decals have failed, get the supplying dealer to order you a replacement set

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
On a serious note, Dometic A/C units have a three year warranty parts and labour. If the decals have failed, get the supplying dealer to order you a replacement set

Good idea as small a thing as it is, it needs to be right (IMHO)

Would you have a UK dealer contact I could tap up for some new decals maybe?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back