Reverse light switch location (1 Viewer)

Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Hi to all, After recently returning from a few days away on reversing on to our drive noticed our reverse camera was not working, ( sensors were but no vision ) anyway got to the bottom of that it was a lose wire , all sorted now. but also found out my reverse lights were not working, fuse for reverse light seems ok, both rear light fixtures have now been removed and checked and no obvious signs of broken or lose wires and bulbs seem fine. after spending hours online looking for similar answers including here, I cant find the location of the reverse light switch,which have been led to believe can also be at fault .Anyway hoping someone on here knows the answer ? I have a 1998 Fiat Ducato 2.5 td. I have ordered a new switch for all the cost in hope that may be the problem. Find it funny also as just passed mot recently, but then after doing research also found out that reverse lights do not come into a mot, Learn something new everyday.

I know the switch is on the gearbox somewhere but is it underneath, on the side , on top and what if anything needs removed to get better access to it?
Thanks in advance for any replies.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I thought the feed for the camera was taken from the reverse lights, and as the camera is working the switch must be also. I could be wrong.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Have you put a multimeter over the reversing lights to see if there's power?

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
They’re quite a key bit of MH kit.
& don’t need to cost a lot.
An example MHF discussion about them here

edit: I have the meter name checked in the last post 👍🏻

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
The white thing in the middle of this 2.5 gearbox is the reversing switch, but I bet yours will be fine.
Screenshot_2020-09-06-09-14-33.png

OP
OP
Peskyrabbitt
Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
The white thing in the middle of this 2.5 gearbox is the reversing switch, but I bet yours will be fine.
I hope so, and brilliant thanks for the image, will double check everything before going down the route of switch replacement.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
The reversing light on my Renault Master based moho has stopped working. I recently had a repair done to the rear bumper and felt sure the problem would be there. I traced all the wires to a multipin connector near the back axle and had continuity (good old multi meter !) so I pulled the connector off the gearbox reversing switch, bridged the two wires with a paperclip and the lights worked. Removed the switch and tested it on the bench and it worked ok, so that suggests whatever activates the switch inside the gearbox isn't making sufficient contact ? Beginning to sound expensive now plus rain's stopped play ! Best of luck with yours.
ps Aldi have £10 multimeters in at the moment.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
I know this as stated in my previous message, please read.
Sorry, I was just trying to say you are on the right lines and carry on looking. The 2.3 was underneath towards the back and a right pain to get to but on the slightly older ones should be near bell housing. You've seen what the electric connector block looks like so can you see similar around gearbox ?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I thought you could hire them for less in Scotland?
but the non-return \ damage deposit is a problem!:rolleyes:
NHS Scotland is trying very hard to get this reduced as they're fed up wi us sticking oor fingers in the sockets!:rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back