Repair and replacement of fixtures and fittings in a Pilote Galaxy 270 (1 Viewer)

May 24, 2021
Funster No
MH
Pilote Galaxy 270
Morning All. I recently bought a Pilote Galaxy 270 with a back panel damp problem. To get to the panel, I removed the toilet and basin and cupboards, shower tray and walls and adjacent wardrobe.
To be fair, I didn't care too much for the walls ,basin and bathroom storage cupboards etc etc as they were all tired looking and was happy to replace them and the doors etc with an updated style and modern furniture board. The vehicle is a 2000 model, so you can probably guess the basin was discoloured and wall coverings looking dated.
I have no intention of getting rid of the MH anytime soon and I am doing the replacements in a Chambord Oak from Magnum Motorhomes and there are all being constructed by a very good carpenter and refitted properly with new headlining and all new fittings and catches and then going through the rest of the MH with new vinyls, flooring, LED's and sprayed cupboards and window/blind covers and new worktops etc just to make it how we want it, but IF I came to sell it in the future , would the different wallboards and doors etc of the new rear section put you off if they didn't match the rest of the cupboard doors in the van ?
I appreciate it's 21 years old but still looks okay eternally, just dated internally and the age might mean people don't care too much but i'm curious as to how other people might view a mis matched furniture set up.

Thanks in advance.

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Please keep us updated on your project. We have a 2001 G270 that is starting to look aged, so interested in the work you are doing. Due to medical loss of C licence we are running at 3500kg, weighed the van full fuel, 11kg gas, no water, no driver, otherwise empty - came in at 3010kg, weighbridge man said plus or minus 20kg - so approx 500kg payload. Be interested to hear how your work affects your payload.

If of any help I have uploaded several copies of the original brochures to the Resources section. Search under 68c

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
It would be interesting to see any replies from people who have bought or are looking for vans a similar age. For me it would be like buying a car that had had a lot of welding and.might put me off a bit. I would keep an extensive picture file of the restoration work to show to any future potential buyers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Rusticrogers
May 24, 2021
Funster No
MH
Pilote Galaxy 270
Please keep us updated on your project. We have a 2001 G270 that is starting to look aged, so interested in the work you are doing. Due to medical loss of C licence we are running at 3500kg, weighed the van full fuel, 11kg gas, no water, no driver, otherwise empty - came in at 3010kg, weighbridge man said plus or minus 20kg - so approx 500kg payload. Be interested to hear how your work affects your payload.

If of any help I have uploaded several copies of the original handbook and brochures to the Resource section. Search Pilote.
Morning.
I am going to get it uprated back to 3850kg - a simple task apparently with Sv Tech as they downrated it 5 years ago.
The damp had really manifested itself on the back wall and from what I can see, was predominantly due to cracks on each corner of the toilet window that wasn’t ever addressed other than filling the cracks and putting tape over them, the rear wall is very flexible and the window had no timber frame around it to assist with rigidity, which was surprising to my mind but weight was probably always the driver in A class MH’s.
I’ve taken a lot of the inside out and it looks a lot less daunting now I have to say and some attention to detail in application of whatever is done will really “ liven” the inside up.
it’s a great size van and with some new and current vinyls and colours, should really bring it up to date. Once done, I’ll post pictures.
Ive had new external vinyls printed, they’ll look like the attached photo ( on a different van though)
Thanks
Steve

Attachments

• F93CA17D-DD65-4E6D-9B90-26868C4BDCED.jpeg
    F93CA17D-DD65-4E6D-9B90-26868C4BDCED.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 46
  • 84E3C586-8AA1-4C57-92BC-4C19CEB713FC.jpeg
    84E3C586-8AA1-4C57-92BC-4C19CEB713FC.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Rusticrogers
May 24, 2021
Funster No
MH
Pilote Galaxy 270
I have no idea how the artificial grass pic was included but useful to someone somewhere no doubt! 😂

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back