LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
That's a good spot & right size for the motorhome (y) Shame it's not the Grand too but maybe that will be on offer at some point. There is 2.5% cashback if going via Quidco to Lakeland & if you are on their mailing list check the post from them as you should have a 10% discount code voucher (individually numbered) until 16 November which takes it down to £89.99 :) The cheapest on Alza currently is £92.40 with delivery <Broken link removed>. Alza give 2 year warranty whereas Lakeland give 3 years.
For anyone who doesn't already have a Remoska for travelling or home - search on the forum for info. as cheap to run with low electric usage, great as a portable oven (for all food) when on EHU & cooks the best roast chicken!

Last edited:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
This is what to look for amongst your post if you've joined "my Lakeland" :

1605277514250.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Tempted very tempted my 11yo one is getting towards the end of its life, have a receipt for lifetime guarantee, wonder if it is worth a try? editted because I wish this pc would stop missing out letters and spaces.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Don't know how they can claim it to be "cheap to run".
Low wattage, yes, but I doubt the claim for economy. Cheap compared to what?
(We have one, never-the-less)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Don't know how they can claim it to be "cheap to run".
Low wattage, yes, but I doubt the claim for economy. Cheap compared to what?
(We have one, never-the-less)
Cheap compared to putting on your full oven at home, find eg roast chicken and vegetables mot only cost less than heating up my main oven, but ar done quicker and taste better, i have standard and grand remoskas. My meal can be half cooked before my oven has heated up to temerature.
Editted to add, can't find my receipts :cry:

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
But not so much if using an Aga?

Of course, when the marketing says "cheaper" it's rarely provided with a measure.
The margin may be very small.
It's just something that irritates me.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Tempted very tempted my 11yo one is getting towards the end of its life, have a receipt for lifetime guarantee, wonder if it is worth a try? editted because I wish this pc would stop missing out letters and spaces.
The lifetime guarantee has now finished as we found out last month, bought a new one as although we still have two working they are quite old.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
The lifetime guarantee has now finished as we found out last month, bought a new one as although we still have two working they are quite old.
Thought about the 'discount' some friends had for their lifetime guarantee and bought the standard I had to put the glass lid back in the old one while we were away this year, pre Covid. Has earned it's keep used both i the van and at home for 11 years.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
If you're still alive, how can the 'lifetime' guarantee finish?
They now say it meant lifetime of the remoska and 11 years is beyond that. It has earned it's keep and some. would have been nice to get a freebie, know when i bought it within a couple of weeks. but searched yesterday, have found instruction leaflet, but no receipt.

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
Definitely.... we took one back that was 5 years old only used twice.. stand had corroded... no receipt.. no box... gave us full current price refundalbeit in vouchers and we simply said we couldnt get on with it... no quibble at all.

Sunnyb

Free Member
Sep 21, 2019
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer Van 572
Exp
Since 2012
We have the standard with glass lid for two of us and it's great. Cooks really quickly. Also recommend the accompanying recipe book: although I'm sure there are plenty of recipes online having a great selection to hand in a nice wire-bound recipe book is easier in practice. We also added the stainless steel rack recently which is designed to either lift the food closer to heat source for quicker cooking or raise food from the base, allowing fat to drip away - but for us another important benefit is that you can cook two things at the same time, one on the base and one on the shelf. Wouldn't be without it and would never bother about having an oven in my van if I have one of these.

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
The Grand Remoska seems to be available from the Lakeland ebay outlet at 84.99 for November delivery so I think it's current.

I followed a link from MSE site but when I post it here it doesn't work! If anyone interested I'll try to find another way.

Last edited:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
The Grand Remoska seems to be available from the Lakeland ebay outlet at 84.99 for November delivery so I think it's current.

I followed a link from MSE site but when I post it here it doesn't work! If anyone interested I'll try to find another way.
It has just sold out http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=254781093793
Their refurbished items are normally as new (1 year guarantee instead of 3 years) & a few different electricals listed now https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/Lakeland/Refurbished-Electricals/_i.html?_storecat=13036533018
Worth checking as they may add more stock of the Grand Remoska as the listing is still there...

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
But not so much if using an Aga?

Of course, when the marketing says "cheaper" it's rarely provided with a measure.
The margin may be very small.
It's just something that irritates me.
Don't let it irritate you too much... ;)

Whilst I share your frustration at much of the rubbish marketing hype used these days, I do believe there is some validity to the savings claim regarding the Remoska.

We have one in the kitchen at home, as well as one in the van. Mrs mikebeaches swears by the power-savings compared to using the electric oven.

Rated at just 400 watts, it must be way less than half the rating for the oven. I think the key is that the Remoska heats up a much smaller cooking space than the oven. And as another poster mentioned, it warms up and is ready to 'cook' much quicker than the oven!

So I'm happy to accept the claim of lower power consumption. (y)

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
We have a Remoska, too, but only for the van. It was an early solution for cooking without an oven, which we'd had before and thought we'd miss. Never bought it for economy and haven't used it that much because rarely on EHU and, having discovered Omnia, use that instead.
Agree that it is likely to be cheaper than some other devices, due to efficiencies, but otherwise the energy required to cook something must be the same? Something like a haybox oven (Mr Dee) probably beats most in terms of losses. I suspect that the Remoska claim for economy arises from the small wattage it consumes (continuously) compared to other electric solutions. I think the only control is the on/off switch (no thermostat).

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
My remoska arrived today, rack from old standard fits ok.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back