Reinforcing gas compartment in Rollerteam T-Line 740 2018 reg (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2021
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam T-Line 74
The gas box in our T-Line 740 clearly has space for 2 11kg gas bottles but oddly enough says only 15kg is permitted. Is this simply advice? The box is preformed plastic and appears very strong. I could reinforce the base with long threaded bolts connected to a angle iron base supporting the compartment but I'm not really sure if it is even necessary. Any ideas?

Mar 10, 2019
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T590
Exp
We have the 590 certain I was told could take two, though as I have learnt what our dealer says and do are totally different, will have to read my paperwork closer.

OP
OP
M
Oct 20, 2021
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam T-Line 74
Just solved the gas locker problem. The advice relates to the vehicle weight not the locker strength. So its easily strong enough for 2 11kg bottles but the advice is simply about the overall laden weight of the vehicle? Given ours is now 3850kg that isn't a problem. Phew no drilled threaded bar through the van floor 🙄😳 The gas locker will take 2 x 11kgs with no problems. There is an email confirming this from Roller Team 👍🏻😀

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 10, 2019
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T590
Exp
Thanks Mutts, Phew had me concerned been through my paperwork, worried about the total 15kg statement, which I had overlooked, not an issue right now, but something I have considered for future longer trips, again many thanks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back