Recommendations for electrical engineer Bristol area (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Further to other thread, we think expert help is required.
Looking for an electrical engineer for Motorhomes in the Bristol / south Gloucestershire area, mobile or otherwise. We think loose connections to the fuse block.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
I know this is a really daft idea but did they not try any of this before they left. I crawled all over ours when I bought it and know where everything is located. I also checked everything worked. Even found a RED handle that turns the habitation batteries off. Good job as we pulled into a Service Station in Spain and all the electrics in the Habitation area failed. Must have caught the RED handle when I pulled my shoes out from behind the seat. Could be anything it its been left standing for a number of months even corroded cable ends.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I know this is a really daft idea but did they not try any of this before they left. I crawled all over ours when I bought it and know where everything is located. I also checked everything worked. Even found a RED handle that turns the habitation batteries off. Good job as we pulled into a Service Station in Spain and all the electrics in the Habitation area failed. Must have caught the RED handle when I pulled my shoes out from behind the seat. Could be anything it its been left standing for a number of months even corroded cable ends.
I think that practice of checking things before leaving comes with experience and knowledge. They are complete newbies, not used to camping or used caravans.
I deliberately chose the nearest CAMC site to home (that was open) for a shakedown trip. Only 40 mins to home, we’ve had a good evening last night and a lovely day today. They are going back this evening.

They’ve learnt a lot!

Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
They will soon realise they are a bit like boats. Every time something goes wrong unless you can fix it yourself it's going to cost £££ and months to sort out. I took our cassette to bits when it started leaking. Pressure washer worked well to get it clean but you have to be careful otherwise you can get soaked.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Dont
They will soon realise they are a bit like boats. Every time something goes wrong unless you can fix it yourself it's going to cost £££ and months to sort out. I took our cassette to bits when it started leaking. Pressure washer worked well to get it clean but you have to be careful otherwise you can get soaked.
Don’t talk to me about toilet cassettes! The previous owner of friends van had brought it back from his last trip away (over a year ago) fully loaded. !! :eek::eek:
The blade was stuck to the seal with dried s**t and the solids were dried up inside.
I woke this morning to friends saying the toilet pan is full how do we get it into the cassette (luckily they didn’t try and force the lever).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back