Recommendations for a replacement motor home with large garage for towing a 2 tonne trailer (1 Viewer)

Matt Nuttall

Free Member
Sep 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630
Exp
Since 2007
Hi

I'm really hoping someone might be able to help please as I'm really struggling.

I want to replace my Hymer Starline B630 which has gone to heaven just this week. I've used it for 12 years for work towing a 23ft long 2 tonne exhibition trailer. It has been brilliant and I've spent several days online trying find something similar without success. It has a large bed at the front and at the rear. It has a huge garage for storing work stuff. It is ideally suited to towing for several reasons: it has a powerful 160 bhp mercedes engine; has rear wheel drive; it's only 6.5m long so its not too long when attached to the trailer; the overhang at the rear is short and it is high above the ground. I've tried to find another one but they're like hens teeth! :)

Does anyone know of a vehicle (Hymer or otherwise) with similar specs ie. front and rear beds; large garage; powerful engine with rear wheel drive; max 7m in lengh; short and high rear overhang?

I'm also trying not too spend more than 30k if at all possible.

Thanks

Matt

OP
OP
M

Matt Nuttall

Free Member
Sep 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Paul. Its MOT was abandoned part way through as the chassis was rusted and full of holes. Its not really worth repairing / replacing the chassis as the rest of the van is a bit of a state. Its a bit of rush to replace as I use it for work.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I take it you have been online?. But if not, there are a couple of potentials on Flea bay?. It is not clear though if they are front or rear wheel drive.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Sent a message, are you able to receive them if you are not a fully paid up member? You only have five posts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back