Jan 7, 2018
Midlothian
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8090df
Exp
Moho since June 2018
Hi fellow Rapido owners.

Bought a new 8090df nearly 2 years ago. Reasonably happy with my purchase but a few niggles re interior build quality. Think I got the one built after the Friday lunchtime plat du jour avec beaucoup de vin. Happy to discuss with any other Rapido owners.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Hi
I have a rapido ie 10000dfh tag axle. Brought it new on April 2017 the last time they were made. Has some issues myself in the last 3 years but all sorted now. The main thing is that in all 3 habitation checks with the last one being 2 weeks ago just before the uk went mental there have been no damp to report. I will take that over most things as with my previous 2 uk Motorhomes and more the last one which was an AutoTrail delaware it had more water in it than a blinking swimming pool. What’s the issues you have?

OP
OP
Smi66y
Jan 7, 2018
Midlothian
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8090df
Exp
Moho since June 2018
Hi
Nothing major but lots of minor things which really grate and would appear to be down to the craftsmen not taking pride in what they do. During the first year I created a list of 12 things which I wasn't happy with. Things like interior trim not being fitted correctly or coming away; cupboard doors which didn't fit properly or the struts were broken; the head rests on the travel seats which should be the same size looked like they were built in different factories to 2 different patterns; washroom sink wouldn't drain (they told me it was a common issue and to fill the sink to create a vacuum, but after 2 complaints the dealer put a breather in and hey presto it now drains); grey waste pipe came loose; hab door blind broken; I could go on. Good news no damp on first check, next due in June. Mechanically, some gasket or other in the engine was leaking and a general warning light which was fixed by resetting the engine management system. Only one thing left and that's the brakes.....loud annoying squeal once they are warmed up. Still waiting on that one. Now I can't use it anyway!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Bought our 2017 model 604FF new registered march 2018
problems/questions
noticed on pickup, leaking shower
went back 2 months later (when parts available)
Incorrect closure on cupboard adjustment required
shower sink unit leak at front interface with lid
rear light led 2 segments dead rhs
fridge door shelves only 2, 1 missing
cracked hot air vent in battery box
front blind black channel separates. double sided tape?
engine noise high pitched (Dealer pulled forward visit when they were told of this problem) was pully issue laid up for a long time, no problem since)
later water pumping problem diagnosed as cracked filter body ( sent by return of post at my request 150 miles away).
later again water pump replaced.
1st hab service: hab door rehung/adjusted.
2nd hab service leak on overflow pipe sorted.
all dealt with in a swift and professional manner.
Not really a lot of problems, pherhaps, mainly due to some body not emptying tank properly while in yard over winter? One or 2 missing things borrowed from other vans on display, which is probably why you have 2 different headrests

OP
OP
Smi66y
Jan 7, 2018
Midlothian
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8090df
Exp
Moho since June 2018
Bought our 2017 model 604FF new registered march 2018
problems/questions
noticed on pickup, leaking shower
went back 2 months later (when parts available)
Incorrect closure on cupboard adjustment required
shower sink unit leak at front interface with lid
rear light led 2 segments dead rhs
fridge door shelves only 2, 1 missing
cracked hot air vent in battery box
front blind black channel separates. double sided tape?
engine noise high pitched (Dealer pulled forward visit when they were told of this problem) was pully issue laid up for a long time, no problem since)
later water pumping problem diagnosed as cracked filter body ( sent by return of post at my request 150 miles away).
later again water pump replaced.
1st hab service: hab door rehung/adjusted.
2nd hab service leak on overflow pipe sorted.
all dealt with in a swift and professional manner.
Not really a lot of problems, pherhaps, mainly due to some body not emptying tank properly while in yard over winter? One or 2 missing things borrowed from other vans on display, which is probably why you have 2 different headrests
Sorry to hear about your problems. From what I can gather the whole industry seems to be suffering from build quality issues.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Well,mine’s 2006 and well built,thank Evans!

It seems the build quality on just about every make went downhill about five years ago,maybe before that................just as demand went up.

Sorry to hear you’ve had these problems as Rapido used to have a very good reputation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
All issues quite minor and easily rectified by the dealer, only a problem with a "less than good" dealer. When hunting for our van it became obvious that some are treated less than respectfully or as spare part resceptacles by some visitors/ viewers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back