Protecting mattress between spars and garage (1 Viewer)

Apr 22, 2023
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
GR73tLX:fzBDbY!
Exp
Burstner I'm new
Apologies, I have asked this before and simply can't remember the help I was given - What can I put under the spars of the bed to protect the mattress from items in the garage. I know it should need air to circulate.

Jun 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Have you checked your old posts to see what responses you got last time? I personally dont use anything and everything seems fine.

btw, the Moho model in your profile looks very strange. Hope it isn't your password :giggle:

Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Well, after asking and being advised you obviously did not act.... so issue could not have been that critical..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Apologies, I have asked this before and simply can't remember the help I was given - What can I put under the spars of the bed to protect the mattress from items in the garage. I know it should need air to circulate.
Well if you have asked before I can't find it on a search so let's start again :unsure: not sure what sort of things you have in the garage that are likely to cause problems but would some of that weed suppressing membrane that you get in garden centres do the job? it lets water through so will obviously breath as well.

Upvote 0
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
K
Apr 22, 2023
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
Burstner I'm new
Well if you have asked before I can't find it on a search so let's start again :unsure: not sure what sort of things you have in the garage that are likely to cause problems but would some of that weed suppressing membrane that you get in garden centres do the job? it lets water through so will obviously breath as well.
I did ask before and I couldn't find it either, hence the reason for asking again. I want to protect the mattress from items which may get wet or dirty and I have to pack them away before I can get dried/cleaned off.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K
Apr 22, 2023
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
Burstner I'm new
My Autotrail came with plastic mesh sheet fitted under the fixed bed mattress over the garage. The link below would do the the same I would have thought.

https://www.rubbersmart.co.uk/product/dri-vent-anti-moisture-mattress-underlay/

Found it, this is what I have, not sure if it's standard Auto-trial or if the previous owner fitted it.

https://shipshapebedding.co.uk/shop/dry-mat
Thanks for that really helpful answer. I need to protect the mattress from things which may get wet or dirty and I have to pack them away quickly before I can get dried/cleaned off.

Upvote 0

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Wouldn't worry too much OP anything will do whether that be board to protect prods and pokes (pardon) or poly to protect smell or damp etc...whatever works the mattress will breath

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K
Apr 22, 2023
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
Burstner I'm new
My Autotrail came with plastic mesh sheet fitted under the fixed bed mattress over the garage. The link below would do the the same I would have thought.

https://www.rubbersmart.co.uk/product/dri-vent-anti-moisture-mattress-underlay/

Found it, this is what I have, not sure if it's standard Auto-trial or if the previous owner fitted it.

https://shipshapebedding.co.uk/shop/dry-mat
Thanks for that really helpful answer. I need to protect the mattress from things which may get wet or dirty and I have to pack them away quickly before I can get dried/cleaned off.

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I did ask before and I couldn't find it either, hence the reason for asking again. I want to protect the mattress from items which may get wet or dirty and I have to pack them away before I can get dried/cleaned off.
So the membrane stuff I mentioned above or some plastic netting but put it under the slats and staple on rather than above the slats and against the mattress.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K
Apr 22, 2023
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
Burstner I'm new
So the membrane stuff I mentioned above or some plastic netting but put it under the slats and staple on rather than above the slats and against the mattress.
Thanks for that. I appreciate your help. I'll give it a try.

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Our 2001 Hymer B644 garage roof was boarded out ..

It was like that when purchased and I assume it was done by Hymer.. not a DIY job

IMG_1683.jpeg

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back