Post edit time limit (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I do try to spell check before posting , then often still find some words seem to have transposed into totally different to what I thought I typed in the posting process 🤔🙄🙂

Is there a reason why the edit post option is only available for an hour?

Reason for thread today, I have just revisited the how far have you travelled tread and seen my ‘sat nav’ has morphed into ‘say nave’ 🤔 it would be nice to correct that

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
It really annoys me too, because in my case, most people will think I made a mistake, and not that my phone goes mad with the different languages I use! Add to this I'm always in a rush , and don't see things straight away... Arrrgggg !!!

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
It really annoys me too, because in my case, most people will think I made a mistake, and not that my phone goes mad with the different languages I use! Add to this I'm always in a rush , and don't see things straight away... Arrrgggg !!!
I think there are only three "g"s in Arrrggg 😁

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
I think it's about right, perhaps even too generous.

Inevitably if you allow post editing someone will take advantage and change the content of their post to become something quite different that makes the subsequent replies by others nonsense, or worse.

The odd fypo is irrelevant (see what I did there?). We all make them and most will accept it for what it is. It's worse when using a small phone screen. I always read through what I posted, but inevitably miss stuff. I was once told if it's critical proof read from printed paper as you are a lot less likely to see it on screen (something about how our brains and eyes don't work).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back