Pilote Peugeot boxer 3.0ltr 07, fuel leak (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2020
Droitwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote P720
Exp
Since 2015
Hi All, set off for Spain today and pulled into services for a break, after resuming our journey I noticed smoke behind us so pulled over onto hard shoulder. Jumped out and there was diesel pouring out beside near side front wheel, stopped the engine and opened the bonnet, it seems to be coming from what I assume to be the fuel filter. I had a poke about and can’t seem to find any loose connections, started it up again and it has stopped leaking. We get the tunnel tomorrow morning and I’m crapping myself it happens again. Anyone able to offer any advice what it could possibly be?
Thanks in advance
Paul.

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Only a guess of course however the UCI filter plastic bodies are notorious for leaking,even if torqued correctly.
I now never change just the element but the whole plastic unit

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
You can purchase in Folkestone not far from the tunnel, they only have plaster clips that pop off.
Either Motor Parts Direct or Jayar Components.
Euro Car Parts are the opposite end of Folkestone.
Do not chance it, guaranteed to let you down if it's that plastic bodied unit.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I had exactly the same issue last summer and it was the fuel filter housing, apparently a common problem and there is a special tool which is used to do up the filter housing to prevent it distorting. My local garage in East Kent quickly sorted it out at minimal cost. They have the special tool!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Had this a couple of years ago in-route to Wife's late Aunt internment. (Fuel Filter body spilt, No not a filter change issue a split)

Unfortunately a Sunday. Breakdown arrived started up and they had a look, can't see any leak they said. What do you want to do, recovery or carry on. Hhhmmm not happy its just gone away so take me home please.
Pulled round to line up with the transporter, small lake of diesel before we got it on the bottom of the ramp.

Rang around, Ebay £80 but3 days to deliver, Fiat agent £280! Had NO choice given time to get to where we needed to be than to buy from fiat. Took 15mins to work out how and fit it. Back on the road by lunchtime on the Monday. Think there is a Utube vid explaining how.

You'll find folks who carry a spare assembled filter housing just in case. If you buy from fiat dealer then they assure you its torqued to the right value.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back