Rally Pershore Plum Festival + Malvern Follow on.20th-28th Aug.2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I've got 5lb of Damsons and 5lbs of plums in the freezer! Where do you get the time to do all that already, I'm slacking obviously (n)

Sue,
Day before yesterday we made? the drinks stuff, (but that's only a question of pricking the Damsons and soaking them in the spirit), (PS You won't need to prick the Damsons if they're frozen. The cold will do the pricking)
Yesterday we cut 65ft of hedge and did the chutney.
Today we took the hedge clippings, all 14 sacks to the tip, and I did the bottom hinge on the Hab Door.

Needs must when the hols are next week.

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
Sue,
Day before yesterday we made? the drinks stuff, (but that's only a question of pricking the Damsons and soaking them in the spirit), (PS You won't need to prick the Damsons if they're frozen. The cold will do the pricking)
Yesterday we cut 65ft of hedge and did the chutney.
Today we took the hedge clippings, all 14 sacks to the tip, and I did the bottom hinge on the Hab Door.

Needs must when the hols are next week.
Tomorrow, maybe the next day, I'll catch up soon, have a good holiday:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Tomorrow, maybe the next day, I'll catch up soon, have a good holiday:)

Keep playing catchup Sue. @Beemobile
Today was hedgetrimmer on the front garden shrubs. Thirteen of them (we didn't do them all)
Another ten sacks to the tip.

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
A hedgetrimmer, oooo isn't that cheating, or am I a glutton for punishment using secateurs, and loppers too, hence only three shrubs and a forsythia, after that digging a very big hole for a hydrangea, no plums again, just blisters. How long can the fruit stand being frozen?

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi All,

When we were at Pershore we raised sum of £105.70 for the benefit of Prostate Cancer UK.

It's taken me a while to be able to report on here the receipt of the monies as we got sidetracked away from our holiday to do nursing duties in Stafford. For the delay, I apologize.

It will be seen from the letter received from the charity that the monies received by them would seem to be in excess to the monies sent which were raised at this particular rally.

This is because, despite me sending three separate letters from the three events of Lymington (£318) Malvern (£28.04) and Pershore (£105.70) Prostate Cancer UK sent me just one letter back, amalgamating the three sums into one final total.

In addition to the letter received, I post on each of the respective rally threads my letter to them which accompanied the cheque.
Prostate Pershore DB18.jpg
Prostate Letter 3 rallies £451.74.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back