Odd wiring in consumer unit Sunlight Cliff 19/20 (1 Viewer)

brocola

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2020
West Midlands, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Since 2020
I’ve noticed the cables to the consumer unit of my Sunlight Cliff don't match the labels on the CU

2 MCBs in consumer unit
- 6A labelled “Lights, charger, fridge”
- 10A labelled “Power points”

Testing the actual wiring with the MCBs off shows that it’s connected as follows:

6A labelled “Lights, charger, fridge”
- front 13A socket but Live & Neutral connected in reverse polarity to all the other connections on the CU

10A labelled “Power points”
- rear 13A sockets
- EBL119 i.e. lights, charger and fridge

The cables are all white flex, with the EBL lead having an extra yellow tape mark near the consumer unit, so guess it could have been a simple mistake in the factory.

Anyone seen this on a Sunlight Cliff/Carado Vlow? Not sure whether this was a Friday-afternoon-mixup job at the Sunlight/Capron factory or some kind of weird logic which I’m missing…

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
I’ve noticed the cables to the consumer unit of my Sunlight Cliff don't match the labels on the CU

2 MCBs in consumer unit
- 6A labelled “Lights, charger, fridge”
- 10A labelled “Power points”

Testing the actual wiring with the MCBs off shows that it’s connected as follows:

6A labelled “Lights, charger, fridge”
- front 13A socket but Live & Neutral connected in reverse polarity to all the other connections on the CU

10A labelled “Power points”
- rear 13A sockets
- EBL119 i.e. lights, charger and fridge

The cables are all white flex, with the EBL lead having an extra yellow tape mark near the consumer unit, so guess it could have been a simple mistake in the factory.

Anyone seen this on a Sunlight Cliff/Carado Vlow? Not sure whether this was a Friday-afternoon-mixup job at the Sunlight/Capron factory or some kind of weird logic which I’m missing…

We’ve got a Cliff 600. Not needed to look that closely at the consumer unit as everything is working fine.

I don’t think I’d know what I was looking at anyway. 🤷‍♂️

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back