Sep 11, 2021
Guernsey
Funster No
MH
A class B584
Exp
New
Hello All

We live in the Channel Islands and are looking if there is any way to keep our recently purchased MH on UK plates and keep in a cassoa storage site without bringing it back to re register?

I can bring it back to the Channel Islands and re register it here but would prefer to leave it in the uk.

Is there any way as a non uk resident with no uk address that I can register and insure it?

I think I know the answer, I can't, but just curious if there are any avenues that I haven't explored.

Thanks

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
Do you have any family or friends in the uk who would let you use their address?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
GsyHymer
Sep 11, 2021
Guernsey
Funster No
MH
A class B584
Exp
New
I do have relatives that will let me use their address, the problem then is the insurance, I have to use my ci address as I have no proof of uk address, ie other bills etc. I don't want to break any laws and I don't want the insurance to be compromised.
That was my first thought, just stuck with the insurance as the v5 and insurance have to be at the same address, or that's what I was told.

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
Are they a close relative. If so give them the motorhome and v5 in their name. And you as named driver. A lot of trust to give out as your paying for the van and insurance in their name and address in the uk. That’s way you can borrow the van anytime 👍

OP
OP
GsyHymer
Sep 11, 2021
Guernsey
Funster No
MH
A class B584
Exp
New
That is probably the way to go, and sounds most sensible. Still weighing up pros and cons , nice to have it here for loading with all bits and pieces, but have to get on the ferry all the time. If I leave in uk we can fly over easily.
Hmm , thanks for the info.

Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
:hi2: w2f :cheers: hope you get a solution, interesting for us, crucial for you.Best of luck

OP
OP
GsyHymer
Sep 11, 2021
Guernsey
Funster No
MH
A class B584
Exp
New
Many thanks, I have committed which ever way I do it. Probably will bring it home first.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back