LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Mrs mikebeaches is excited about her latest purchase for the van - a Lakeland Mini Snack & Egg Bites Maker.

Currently half price at £14.99. Dinky in size and mains powered, rated at only 450 watts. It weighs just 850 gm.

Perfect for making eggy bites or sweet bakes, all perfectly cooked in minutes.

Chocolate muffins came out a treat today and delicious frittatas yesterday. :giggle:

PXL_20210224_121059114_2.jpg
PXL_20210224_120642637_2.jpg
PXL_20210224_165940934_2.jpg

I've included an image with a standard size Remoska to illustrate how compact it is.

A few of the online reviews are a tad negative about it's small size, but that is a positive for us travelling in the van. (y)

OP
OP
mikebeaches

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
Yes, absolutely. And loads more things too.

Mrs mikebeaches - a keen and creative cook - is looking forward to experimenting with how many different dishes she can knock up.

Note the 4 cooking cups included are small, and therefore ideal for serving just two people. :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
What about mini crustless quiches? Egg, bacon bits, cheese etc ... I sometimes make a large on at home and then section it up and freeze some, it is very nice - really a version of a frittata without the usual spuds! Are you gonna attempt some mini yorkies? :giggle:

OP
OP
mikebeaches

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
What about mini crustless quiches? Egg, bacon bits, cheese etc ... I sometimes make a large on at home and then section it up and freeze some, it is very nice - really a version of a frittata without the usual spuds! Are you gonna attempt some mini yorkies? :giggle:
Absolutely perfect for mini crustless quiches - we've had some already, wish I'd taken a pic! They were delicious. (y)

Not so sure about the yorkies - not something we eat, but the boss has doubts about whether it would be hot enough? But guess it's worth a try... :unsure:

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Let’s see how many times you use it over the next 12 months 😜
I've got one but there's no room under the sink for storing it and other Ronco and KTel gadgets bought and ignored over the years. 😀

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
This has reminded me that I bought a similar pie maker in Lakeland's sale a few years ago. Must dig it out and get experimenting!
We've got one stuck in the cupboard too ... must dig it out! :giggle:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Absolutely perfect for mini crustless quiches - we've had some already, wish I'd taken a pic! They were delicious. (y)

Not so sure about the yorkies - not something we eat, but the boss has doubts about whether it would be hot enough? But guess it's worth a try... :unsure:
If you want a 'quick' pastry you could try filo or alternatively pizza base bread mix as it cooks much quicker than normal pastry, or you could use sliced bread pushed into the 'cups' (similar to how you use bread in a Diablo toastie maker).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back