Net Flix (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2014
Oakham, Rutland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
No doubt this has been asked before but I have not found a thread. If I took out a subscription to NetFlix would this work when we go abroad

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
yes..

see here https://help.netflix.com/en/node/24853

If you’re traveling and want to watch Netflix on the go, all you need is a stable internet connection for your supported device. If you're traveling to a different country, you may notice the following changes to your Netflix experience:

• Selection of TV shows and movies: Your choices for streaming (including audio/subtitle options) will be the same as the location you are traveling from.
    • If you are traveling for an extended period of time, or traveling to a country outside of the European Union, you may notice that the available choices change. For countries within the European Union, we provide the same content as your home country for a limited period of time. We'll let you know when the limited period is over, and you'll have access to the TV shows and movies for the country you are travelling to. When this happens, we’ll be sure to let you know.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Yes, you can use it on the continent no problem. It's worth considering the US Netflix, you'll need to use a VPN but the US version has twice the content of the UK

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Also you can download some content (not all) before you leave onto a tablet, phone etc and then watch when you have no WiFi connection. (y)

It's also possible to share an account with family. My son pays and we use his account details (y)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Signed up for 30 day trial while in Portugal a couple of weeks ago as we had a NOS unlimited SIM. Worked OK but couldn't find anything worth watching on it, I will be canceling before I have to pay.

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
Yes, you can use it on the continent no problem. It's worth considering the US Netflix, you'll need to use a VPN but the US version has twice the content of the UK
Is that easy to set up then ? VPN. I have no idea thanks (y)

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
Also you can download some content (not all) before you leave onto a tablet, phone etc and then watch when you have no WiFi connection. (y)

It's also possible to share an account with family. My son pays and we use his account details (y)
I presume you mean downloading films? I’m toying with the idea of joining (n)(y)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Signed up for 30 day trial while in Portugal a couple of weeks ago as we had a NOS unlimited SIM. Worked OK but couldn't find anything worth watching on it, I will be canceling before I have to pay.

Yes a bit like everything we try including Sky, load of rubbish on so now stick with just normal television channels. Why pay extra for rubbish when you can watch it without paying extra.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I presume you mean downloading films? I’m toying with the idea of joining (n)(y)

Yes. Films and the TV programs.. It's not all available to download just some of it.. Think it has to do with maybe distribution rights etc.. I find it handy for short trips or if I am flying somewhere.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Excuse my naivety but: 1. how much data does it use per hour hd? 2. is the best way to get it through my iPhone? 3. how do I go about connecting my iPhone to the tv - do I mirror the screen as I do at home? 4. if so do I take my apple tv unit or will it link to my smart tv? 5. if I have a smart tv with apps can I link it up through my Astra 2 on satellite? blimey sounds complicated!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back