My Tp-Link did not work outside the UkthatAfter all (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Using a 3 data sim in our Tp-Link at home was excellent, then we arrived in France... nothing worked. We tried everything in their literature without success.
Spain, no different. Here we spent with help several hour altogether without success. We studied advice in FUN but it had no effect.
Finally I phoned "3" in the Uk, who gave lots of advice and things to put into boxes on our tablet, concluding that we needed to phone Tp-Link. This I did and first I had to totally re-set the device and fill in "admin" "admin" into two boxes but I would need to go back to "3" for the final box. "3" told me to type "3internet" in the final box and from then on everything worked. I gather that some will work straight from the box, ours did not.
After all the fuss, was it worth it? Absolutely!

dave met

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 7, 2014
cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Hi @rosalan After just reading your post the same thing happened to us last year,got the 3sim worked great in the uk,but could not use it while in France & Spain,did all the phone calls to 3 but without success to resolve the issue.i now have the tp mifi app which i am hoping will sort the problem out for this years holiday abroad.would it be possible to contact you further to talk me through what you did,,i get the first part that you entered admin admin but after that i am sure it didn't give me anymore options.Thanks Dave

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi @rosalan After just reading your post the same thing happened to us last year,got the 3sim worked great in the uk,but could not use it while in France & Spain,did all the phone calls to 3 but without success to resolve the issue.i now have the tp mifi app which i am hoping will sort the problem out for this years holiday abroad.would it be possible to contact you further to talk me through what you did,,i get the first part that you entered admin admin but after that i am sure it didn't give me anymore options.Thanks Dave
I'm not sure if this helps but if you can get it working in the UK then at least you know it is set up correctly. The trick when you get to France or Spain is to get it to log in to another provider. Three don't operate directly there but use partners and you need to find one who you can connect to.
Some devices will connect automatically but it sounds as if the tplink device may not.
If you have an app see if you can find out (here in the UK) how to get it to scan for network providers and then how you can select a different one. From memory Three will work with Bytel in France. 

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
When ever we are abroad our TP-Link mifi with a 3 sim just works. I have never had to fiddle or change anything. o_O

OP
OP
rosalan
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Thank you DBK,The more information i have to make sure it works the better.
Hi Dave
As I said, everyone we met tried to help us with our Mi-Fi TP-Link without success.
It was with final desperation that we phoned "3" from Spain and to heck with the charges.
They were most helpful and were able to talk us through the first part of our problem but said that only TP-Link could add a missing password, so we phoned TP-Link who were equally helpful and went through the details again adding a final password. As the process was still incomplete, we phoned "3" again who finally added the final details. It worked!!!
The above sounds complicated but really was not. I am far from being competent with any thing to do with gadgetry of this sort but the instructions given were so straightforward even I could not go wrong.
Some TP-Links seem to have different settings when sold, so there are people who have had no problems whatsoever. Re-setting the TP-Link to factory settings was, I think, the main part of the process.
Is the TP-Link any good? Yes! Brilliant and fast.
Good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave met

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 7, 2014
cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Hi Rosalan
Thank you for getting back in touch,I will phone TP-Link and see if they can help.

Regards Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back