My first trip out (1 Viewer)

Sep 19, 2018
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
I'm so excited and happy I just had to tell someone. We picked up our van just before Xmas and took it for out today for the first trip to the New Forest. I waved at two other vans and got a wave back so it appears that not everyone is fed up with waving. We had a great time, went for a walk, made a cup of tea and had a snack. Oh the simple joys of life. I can honestly say today lived up to every expectation and hope I had with regards to being a Motorhome owner. Now having a rather nice cocktaildrinking to the future fun we shall have,

Happy New Year to all.

Wendy

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
You've hit the nail right on the head there, the pleasure to be gained from motorhomes is extraordinary & it often the simple aspects that make everyone smile.

Mar 3, 2014
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since 2013
As soon as I set off in mine I'm happy... I just love the thought that I'm going to have a night or two away in my own private space... which is a bit bloody weird as I live alone in a 4 bed house -)) But the magic of a MH is waking up to a different vista every day or two..

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Nice one that’s what it’s all about, enjoying yourself. Happy travels. (y)

Simon Richardson

Free Member
Aug 24, 2017
East bound & down.
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer 150 I
Exp
Full timing since Dec 2017
C
As soon as I set off in mine I'm happy... I just love the thought that I'm going to have a night or two away in my own private space... which is a bit bloody weird as I live alone in a 4 bed house -)) But the magic of a MH is waking up to a different vista every day or two..

Me too - from the moment I turn the key I love it, the further the drive the better!

Hope you enjoy your MH! (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Already a committed convert by the sound of it!:xThumb:

Welcome and continue to enjoy the life.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
It is grand isn't it !
Non motorhomers just do not get it.. In fact I suspect they cannot begin to comprehend :)

Oh, and I am def a waver !

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Cannot see what all the fuss is about its only a tin box on wheels :sneaky:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Cannot see what all the fuss is about its only a tin box on wheels :sneaky:
Tin ! ?
Oh, you mean those funny little panel vans with a few bits and bobs crammed in ......... :whistle::xgrin:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
What
I'm so excited and happy I just had to tell someone. We picked up our van just before Xmas and took it for out today for the first trip to the New Forest. I waved at two other vans and got a wave back so it appears that not everyone is fed up with waving. We had a great time, went for a walk, made a cup of tea and had a snack. Oh the simple joys of life. I can honestly say today lived up to every expectation and hope I had with regards to being a Motorhome owner. Now having a rather nice cocktaildrinking to the future fun we shall have,

Happy New Year to all.

Wendy
what make is it ? don’t park in beaulieu the lord will have you locked up !

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
:) Tin box on wheels sounds far better than aluminum box on wheels :whistle:

Anyway looking forward to getting ours out again after using it on Christmas Day for a trip into Derbyshire. Off up North Friday for a week then off to the South Coast for a few days. It's all go this retirement lark.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back