Motorhome Depot Anglesey (1 Viewer)

Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
Anyone purchased or sold via Motorhome Depot Anglesey - a Motorhome Depot.com broker. I believe he will be advertising Motorhomes on behalf of owners, am I correct.

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Selling stuff they dont own. And taking a profit. Plenty out there in proper dealers and genuine sellers.

OP
OP
Edenside
Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
Yes I agree but they have listed a one I may be interested in, obviously the seller has gone to them, if they had listed it privately I could deal direct.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Yes I agree but they have listed a one I may be interested in, obviously the seller has gone to them, if they had listed it privately I could deal direct.

No, they will have gone to the seller, and said 'we will get your more money' , and ' we can do finance' , when the amount of money they will get will probably be the same , after they have paid the fee, and more than likely sat on the MH for an age into the bargain.. a colleague signed up, and found that they were only interested in selling the one that made them the most money, to the point where he got a mate to call them, and they tried to put him onto something else.

It narrows the market drastically, i was lucky to find what i wanted at a dealer, and got a great deal, but at this time of year sellers get sucked into the promise of getting more, in the same way that sellers have to ask 'is this a scam' when something is silly cheap.

A dealer has a dog in the fight, its his money in the stock, a broker doesnt have any risk, or need to sell, and when he does, its not his money he is giving away if the price drops..

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
No, they will have gone to the seller, and said 'we will get your more money' , and ' we can do finance' , when the amount of money they will get will probably be the same , after they have paid the fee, and more than likely sat on the MH for an age into the bargain.. a colleague signed up, and found that they were only interested in selling the one that made them the most money, to the point where he got a mate to call them, and they tried to put him onto something else.

It narrows the market drastically, i was lucky to find what i wanted at a dealer, and got a great deal, but at this time of year sellers get sucked into the promise of getting more, in the same way that sellers have to ask 'is this a scam' when something is silly cheap.

A dealer has a dog in the fight, its his money in the stock, a broker doesnt have any risk, or need to sell, and when he does, its not his money he is giving away if the price drops..

Agree not the best but they have a van which he is interested in, go for look, if it is in really good condition and you make an offer ask them to put it to the seller, it's what you pay that counts not who makes what percentage out of the deal. Condition is everything.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
At the end of the day who ever has the van you want it doesn’t matter. If you want it and are happy with the price everyone is happy. Dealer, private, broker it really does not matter if it’s what you want. (y)

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Agree not the best but they have a van which he is interested in, go for look, if it is in really good condition and you make an offer ask them to put it to the seller, it's what you pay that counts not who makes what percentage out of the deal. Condition is everything.

So the seller has to take the hit, the guy gets his cut whatever, I just don't see the point. As a seller , you have to sell for less , and as a buyer you have to pay more. And a bloke in the middle makes whatever . Just don't get it.

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
When I was recently selling they approached me with the promise of an interested buyer, told them the money would pass to me direct and I would willingly pay them a comission of £1000 on sale, neber heard any more!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Edenside
Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
Thank you all for your input. I was just a bit concerned as hear of some agents taking the money but delaying passing funds to the seller.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
So the seller has to take the hit, the guy gets his cut whatever, I just don't see the point. As a seller , you have to sell for less , and as a buyer you have to pay more. And a bloke in the middle makes whatever . Just don't get it.

If you are not happy though as a seller then don't use them. I agree with you as I said, its not the best way to sell, why wouldn't you just sell private, but the seller has decided to go with them so if you like the van then you have to enquire surely.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back