motor home cleaning (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2021
Tiverton, UK
Funster No
MH
rapido i1090
Exp
since 1996
when i cleaned my Rapido last year i used a car shampoo and then turtle wax to keep it shiny.
i waxed all over the dacals and stickers. this was a big mistake as it ruined the dacals and stickers.
i want to wash and polish my new knaus van, i am afraid of washing it with some thing that will affect the stickers etc.
can any one recommend what i should use to wash and protect my van.

thanks in advance.

Apr 14, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey
I've been using the Autoglym ceramic spray on my motorhome and car which, whilst not cheap, is superb. It's safe on wrapped vehicles so presumably on decals, and certainly hasn't damaged mine.

For cleaning I'm a new convert to Jennychem caravan cleaner which was recommended on here recently and worked brilliantly on a very green roof and the rest of the motorhome.

Upvote 0
May 15, 2022
Bavaria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P969D
Exp
Since 2012
As it is illegal here (Bavaria) to wash a car, etc at home using any form of detergent (even a cold-water rinse is frowned upon), I was using a commercial truck wash 25km away at €25 a pop and then a minute wax after, This was fine but pricy.
We now have a DIY wash station 5 mins away with a tall bay for vans, etc. (with a platform to reach the roof), this has a full cycle of options, including the foam, jetwash, brush, and a micro wax spray, this works really well, the MH looks fantastic, it takes me 45 mins or so and I pay 7-10€. If you have something similar in your area it might be worth a try.

The Mellerud black stripe cleaner is excellent for those stubborn marks, (which I don´t have now that I cover the MH over the winter 😁).and the Sonax insect cleaner is well worth it for de-bugging the van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
I just use a decent car shampoo, long handled brush and a sponge for small spaces, 8 Van's over 35 years and I've never had any problems with decals fading etc. For debugging and bird deposits I drape a wet cloth over the affected area, leave for 15 minutes and the bugs just drop off. WD40 for removing tar spots.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back