Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Well after a slightly tyre some journy down to somerset no thats not a spelling mistake, I found myself in need of a tyre for thye RV, it looked as though it had been slashed with a stanley knife for3/4 of the circumferance.
Now anyone who has needed a Rv tyre is often left searching the net and forums for a supplier or even an American dealer who can supply,
Not me I do it the hard way, I want a tyre in the middle of nowhere,on a bank holliday Fridayay 4.30pm and I want it now AND i want it fitted, not lot to ask really is it
Guess what the gods are with me, the local tyre firm keeps RV tyres in stock, does a call out service and the price is good,so I orderd two one extra for the long drive ahead
The only down side was I had to wait nearly 10 mins for the fitter to get to me,
Ah well you cant have everything
The F Man (mark and linda and ourselves are now parked up in lane 7 at Plymouth Ferry Terminal waiting to board The Pont Avon,Brittanias Flag Ship, to continue with the second leg of our trip to Sandander,
More updates as and when we get some WiFi
See you all soon Geo and Pammy

Last edited:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
:roflmto:Bummer about the tyre but best it went in the UK and near a helpful firm (you have the gods with you Reverend:winky:)

Have a great time and don't forget my 16 ft/5mtr mat:winky: Pammy could fly it back (see how cheeky i can be when your on the outward journey:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

Am I envious? YOU BET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never thought this date would come.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Well after a slightly tyre some journy down to somerset no thats not a spelling mistake, I found myself in need of a tyre for thye RV, it looked as though it had been slashed with a stanley knife for3/4 of the circumferance.
Now anyone who has needed a Rv tyre is often left searching the net and forums for a supplier or even an American dealer who can supply,
Not me I do it the hard way, I want a tyre in the middle of nowhere,on a bank holliday Fridayay 4.30pm and I want it now AND i want it fitted, not lot to ask really is it
Guess what the gods are with me, the local tyre firm keeps RV tyres in stock, does a call out service and the price is good,so I orderd two one extra for the long drive ahead
The only down side was I had to wait nearly 10 mins for the fitter to get to me,
The F Man (mark and linda and ourselves are now parked up in lane 7 at Plymouth Ferry Terminal waiting to board The Pont Avon,Brittanias Flag Ship, to continue with the second leg of our trip to Sandander,
More updates as and when we get some WiFi
See you all soon Geo and Pammy

What can I say, apart from..........you've got more jam than Hartleys. :ROFLMAO:

What a stroke of blooming good luck, ie, it went when it did, and replaced in excellent time.
I'll be shaking your hand at the fishing meet George, in the hope that some of your "jaminess" rubs off onto me. :roflmto:

You two be sure to have a great time out there. :thumb:

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M

mnd

Deleted User
They must have been really busy!:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi again folks,
Monday 12.30 pm we dock at Santander, being the biggest thing on the boat they gave me the royal treatment, first on for loading and first off at Santander, and whilst waiting for Mark and linda to disembark we met the first of the Santander Motor Home welcoming committe!!!! you cant stop here move on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*%$£!*8&6 OK we moved on into the flow of traffic Oh Boy, why would anyone want to park in Santander? we made our way onto a large shopping center car park and waited for mark to try and find us, thanks to the walkie talkies we set up he was in with half a chance and being nearly 36 foot long we shouldnt be that hardto spot, thanks to thr multi split level roads he saw us but could not get to us, we abandond the idea of a meet up in the town and made for a stop over on the motorway some 40 miles out, I could tell you where it is but am sworn to secrecy.
after a good night there sampling the local brew and hospitality, we took a small foot ferry over to the next town, we set off this morning at about 10 am having decided to fit the second spare I bought as thye other rear looked to have a slght cut, better safe than sorry and easier to change when I want to rather than when I have to belt and braces and all that.
We arrived at our second stop after an easy 150 mile jaunt down the motorway to Burgos and a large camsite was found, here we met thhe Camp Commandant that informed me despite asking for two pitches for large motorhomes, that the RV was Muchos Grandes!!!!!!! Muchos Grandes!!!!!, I took that to mean I was to big!!
but shrugged my shoulders and stayed put anyway:RollEyes: Whats he gonna do tow me off:Doh:.
The Wi Fi here is good and for 2 Euro you get six hours and in my book that aint bad.
afetr another session to night we hit the road again for another short bite at the mileage on to Salamanca.
siting here in a comfortable 34 Degrees bright Sunshine and heading south forcast is 32Degrees and getting warmer with Sun every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb:
Catch you all soon
Geo Just a taste the sunrise off the ship Monday am

Attachments

• Spain 2008 019.JPG
    Spain 2008 019.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Wow what a trip and what memories.

It will be hard even for you Geo to top this one.

Great you got the new Damon in time for it to.

Keep us up to date when you can.

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi

I have just had a call from Mark. Geo needs some anti-work tablets. He keeps changing tyres as the need to get his hands dirty becomes uncontrollable.

Can anyone fly out with them urgently :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

stew

Raoul

Free Member
Mar 5, 2008
Jarrow Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
since the summer of 2007
Geo what a lucky sod:ROFLMAO:first you get out of a jam with a tyre:winky:then you head of into the sun:thumb:
Meanwhile back at the ranch, of to Skipton for the Country & Western show:Eeek:No SUN only RAIN & more RAIN:cry:
Every one bogged in, A good farmer towed us all out thankfully:thumb:
Needed a good wash down when I got home:Eeek:Me & the Van:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Still it was a great weekend:Cool:Cowboys & all:roflmto:
Have a good time in Morocco to you all:thumb::thumb:

Raoul

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Presently we are at a site in Northern Spain. From where I am, sat in the shade drinking Lyptons Iced tea - catching up on a bit of work, I can see Lyndon breaking camp. They leave here first thing tomorrow making their way South to meet up with the other 3 Funsters for Morocco. Lyndon Emma and the boys are really looking forward to it.

We are really sad to be missing this trip. I am sure you guys will have a ball:thumb:

OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Raoul Dont like to rub it in but check out the sky, 12.30 tea break to day:thumb:
Geo

Attachments

• spain 2008 to burgos 010.JPG
    spain 2008 to burgos 010.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 111
OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Presently we are at a site in Northern Spain. From where I am, sat in the shade drinking Lyptons Iced tea - catching up on a bit of work, I can see Lyndon breaking camp. They leave here first thing tomorrow making their way South to meet up with the other 3 Funsters for Morocco. Lyndon Emma and the boys are really looking forward to it.

We are really sad to be missing this trip. I am sure you guys will have a ball:thumb:
Hi Jim If you see Lyndon tell him we tried to call him last night ---no answer will try later we are heading for Salamanca to morrow hoping to be there for 2-3pm
for one night then off again
Geo

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Lyndon had an early night last night::bigsmile:

I will tell him to give you a bell:thumb:

OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Jim

I wonder why he had an early night:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks, hope you and yours are having a great time too.

Pammy

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Lyndon is on his way

Lyndon left here at 0800 this morning heading South to Valencia and Camping Almafra. When he left I checked and he definitely did have two wing-mirrors::bigsmile: He should be with you guys on Friday.:Smile:

Raoul

Free Member
Mar 5, 2008
Jarrow Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
since the summer of 2007
Hi Raoul Dont like to rub it in but check out the sky, 12.30 tea break to day:thumb:
Geo

Stop it Geo:winky:now your making me sad:cry:its dull & cloudy here:Sad:

Have a nice time:thumb:hope to see your mementos on your safe return:Cool:

Raoul

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
The weather awful here and my dad is very unwell so need loads of attention.

Sick a an Arfur:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
::bigsmile: Just noticed that Ray has added to the funsters blog Link RemovedLink Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back