Minimum stay again c/c club site (1 Viewer)

frenchie 79

Free Member
May 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
c class
I won’t be renewing my membership next year.Gets me so cross.Second time this has happened to me.Put size & dates through.Not to be told fully booked but minimum stay two nights!!!!

Attachments

• A931F6C4-7A65-4BBE-BBC7-065AE2EEAC0B.png
    A931F6C4-7A65-4BBE-BBC7-065AE2EEAC0B.png
    289.6 KB · Views: 227
Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
I know it doesn't help if you want to book ahead, but we've found that if you ring up on the day you actually want to arrive at the site, they will fit you in for one night if there is room.

I think the C&CC have a 1400hrs cut off for online bookings for the same day so we often simply ring the site after that time.

I know its chancy ...... but we like living life on the edge!! ::bigsmile:

womo

Free Member
Aug 30, 2021
Poulton-le-Fylde FY6, UK
Funster No
MH
new one soon
This has worked for us, If they have space and you just turn up you can stay for the night. C&CC well worth it for the THS.
We don't think of it as living on the edge but in Scotland and most European Countries ( we wish !!) we only decide on the day where we might spend the night. Found some amazing places even after dark.:giggle:

Fred

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I can understand the 2 day rule at the weekend and during the big holiday season.
If someone books in for a saturday night, then someone wanting a fri-sun booking can't get in.
the chances of them finding a friday night only booking are slim.

Empty pitches especially at this time of the year are lost revenue which after last years disastrous season is most unhelpful.

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
C&CC website is a poor booking site in my view.
We've had countless similar problems but with unit size.
We have to amend our motorhome length a few times to establish whether the site is actually full or not and then contact the site directly by phone to see if they can fit us on. 9/10 they can.
But like you've said, you have to go through the whole igmaroll to find they've then got an issue.
What needs to happen is the C&CC take the CAMC web booking system and then they'd be near perfect.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Two night stays on Friday and Saturday are in my opinion reasonable. Many times I’ve tried to book a long weekend and found that Friday and Sunday are ok but not Saturday. Must cost them a fortune.
Im not a member of CC&C but same applies to other campsites.
Phil

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I can understand the 2 day rule at the weekend and during the big holiday season.
If someone books in for a saturday night, then someone wanting a fri-sun booking can't get in.
the chances of them finding a friday night only booking are slim.

Empty pitches especially at this time of the year are lost revenue which after last years disastrous season is most unhelpful.
I think 16 October is half term in Scotland so perhaps they are busy.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
C&CC website is a poor booking site in my view.
We've had countless similar problems but with unit size.
We have to amend our motorhome length a few times to establish whether the site is actually full or not and then contact the site directly by phone to see if they can fit us on. 9/10 they can.
But like you've said, you have to go through the whole igmaroll to find they've then got an issue.
What needs to happen is the C&CC take the CAMC web booking system and then they'd be near perfect.
I've not used them for years until recently and found the booking system abysmal. Even though logged in you still have to fill in van and size details, dates and numbers with every new enquiry.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I've not used them for years until recently and found the booking system abysmal. Even though logged in you still have to fill in van and size details, dates and numbers with every new enquiry.
You can edit your search, leaving the dates, size etc and just change the site.

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
I'm surprised that for one night you are even bothering with a full fat campsite!
ezee

OP
OP
frenchie 79

frenchie 79

Free Member
May 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
c class
We are doing the north coast 500 & wanted somewhere to stay between Inverness & frodsham.Split journey up on way home.

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
I shall scour the news channels for news of their imminent collapse when you don’t renew.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We are doing the north coast 500 & wanted somewhere to stay between Inverness & frodsham.Split journey up on way home.
Your image shows the enquiry is at Moffat C&CC site.

There is a site adjacent to theirs...

Open all year and cheaper that C&CC.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back