Milenco wheel clamp (1 Viewer)

May 20, 2015
Newbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 1970
Has anyone had this problem before. Went away for a couple of days so took wheel clamp off, reassembled it and put in garage. On return I am unable to unlock it, it seems as though the key will not go all way in. Tried spare keys with same result. At least it’s not on wheel and to be honest I would be a bit wary of clamping it to wheel if I ever get it apart. It’s the version that fits 16 inch wheel and is a couple of months shy of three years old. Ironically it’s predecessor a 15 inch version lasted over a decade with no problem, apart from rust. Have tried WD40 but can’t get at mechanics because of inbuilt security. Alternatively anyone interested in a large heavy paperweight

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
WD, isn't really a lubricant, it does dispel water though. Odd problem though, try some 3 in 1 oil, or graphite based lock lubricant.
Mike.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Has anyone had this problem before. Went away for a couple of days so took wheel clamp off, reassembled it and put in garage. On return I am unable to unlock it, it seems as though the key will not go all way in. Tried spare keys with same result. At least it’s not on wheel and to be honest I would be a bit wary of clamping it to wheel if I ever get it apart. It’s the version that fits 16 inch wheel and is a couple of months shy of three years old. Ironically it’s predecessor a 15 inch version lasted over a decade with no problem, apart from rust. Have tried WD40 but can’t get at mechanics because of inbuilt security. Alternatively anyone interested in a large heavy paperweight

I guess you've tried PTFE lubricant/lithium grease and turning the key fully both ways as you push to align the levers?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 8, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson 510 on Ford
Exp
Since 2013
Did you push the key in fully?

The key needs to be pushed all the way in before turning it. My key has a groove at the correct depth. If you turn it before it's all the way in then not all of the levers turn and it will not unlock. You just need to get the levers back to the correct position and push the key in fully.

I have turned the key too early a couple of times, in spite of this warning sticker...

Andrew

Attachments

• 363DF951-2797-464F-9C2E-CBC301DE33AF.jpeg
    363DF951-2797-464F-9C2E-CBC301DE33AF.jpeg
    281.8 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
solaris
May 20, 2015
Newbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 1970
Thanks for all your advice. It was indeed a question of wiggling the key in, after a shot of 3 in 1 oil, calmly and not in temper. Have tried it several times and works as should. Just need to have confidence to fix it to wheel now. Also (reread?) the removal instructions which are handily covered when unit is locked, at least they’re protected from the elements

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back