Free Member
Aug 7, 2013
Rothbury
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
Morning all..... does anyone have any experience of a Milenco Leveler - I've had a look on line but not convinced one (probably need 2) would fit the bill.
Strong enough for an Elddis Accordo, for example?
Its just that I'm getting a bit sick of that clutch burning smell every time I try to get up on the chocks.

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Morning all..... does anyone have any experience of a Milenco Leveler - I've had a look on line but not convinced one (probably need 2) would fit the bill.
Strong enough for an Elddis Accordo, for example?
Its just that I'm getting a bit sick of that clutch burning smell every time I try to get up on the chocks.
Do you get the smell if you drive forwards onto them or only reverse?
I find that 1st gear is fine to climb them without a problem but reversing gives the same problem as the gearing is not low enough.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
I used to have one that I used on our caravan it bent lifting half the weight of a 1500 kg caravan, it will not survive lifting half of a 2000 kg axle.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Am I correct in thinking that you should never try and level on one wheel only because of the risk of twisting the chassis?

If so then two of them would be essential.

Of course I could be dreaming it but I'm sure that's been discussed before.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Am I correct in thinking that you should never try and level on one wheel only because of the risk of twisting the chassis?

I use one at a time to level up the van, working on that theory then leaving it on four wheels on uneven ground would do the same thing, The suspension takes up most of the uneveness and it works for me.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013

Can't see that being correct, otherwise it would twist every time you parked on uneven ground.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
EP jacking system saves a lot of hassle but they are expensive!(y)(y)(y)

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
If you want to lift 1 wheel this works better then the milenco
I use the one I had left over from caravaning sometimes on very uneven ground.
The standard single is a little to narrow even for a caravan, they made me one using the wider tube from the twin axle tube.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
I used a "Pyramid" ? Make one,very similar,it was blooming hard work,and could only be used on hard ground, as said above ,"Whatif LOL" you need two wheels lifting up? This can be achieved with the Milenco Quatro/Triple ramps very easily and they take up less space
It could be that you are setting off straight up the ramps,a bit of momentum helps,as even a bit of 3x3 timber chocked up to the wheels will take some getting over from a dead start .
Tea Bag

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
I had one for the caravan. Yes they do get the caravan level, but only up to a certain height. It is physically hard to get it to the top setting and I do not think they would not cope with a Motorhomes weight.

Our caravan was 1420kg, that is less than my front axle weight never mind the rear axle.

In my view best stick to the leveller ramps.

OP
OP
Teenoso

Teenoso

Free Member
Aug 7, 2013
Rothbury
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks Guys... as I thought, probably not up to the job. Will stick to the ramps for now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back