Aug 30, 2018
Devon
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 03
Exp
Since 2019
Hi,

I have a 2013 Chausson Flash 03, which has been a bit neglected over lockdown so in the process of giving it a spruce up in preparation for a trip this weekend.

Just gave it a clean and noticed the body panels of the MH itself have yellowed quite a bit. It's especially noticeable now it's clean as the white Transit van metal bodywork is gleaming as is the plastic trims around the body panels themselves.

Is this just to be expected for an aging van or is there something I can do/use to try to reduce the yellowing?

Rich

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Plastic panels will show age/sun damage more than the metal painted. All vans show this, some more than others.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 11, 2011
Derby
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840 SE
Exp
The Kontiki's of the 1990's all went a beige to yellow colour which I quite liked, I only found out 20 years later they started off white and changed colour very quickly.

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Some Rapidos around the same age had the same problem. The manufacturer changed the type of material they used.Then they changed back so it was only a few models that yellowed. I don't think there is a cure for it

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Same prcess n ours. Cab bright white, bdy less so.

guess that’s why they offer coloured cabs.

Worse still is inside!

Our bathroom sink now an indescribable non white.

the shower wallls have become less white as well, A bright white contrasting spot behind the door gives the game away!

how do they manage to get it so wrong.!

but not bothered as we regard motor-homing as superior glamping , !

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Paint em white again.
Spray shop of course dont get yer roller n bucket out

OP
OP
dutts303

dutts303

Free Member
Aug 30, 2018
Devon
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 03
Exp
Since 2019
Any pictures of the affected areas?

Really strangely it seems to have a calmed down a bit, not sure if it was just the shock of seeing it clean for the first time in months in the bright sunshine but it seemed *really* yellow. It wasn't until after posting here that I noticed you can see the slight colour difference between the van and the motorhome in my avatar pic (and that was taken when we first bought it), it does appear that the body of the motorhome is almost cream, off-white whereas the edge trims, roof and van part itself are bright white.

Paint em white again.
Spray shop of course dont get yer roller n bucket out

Have thought about this a few times as the van also still shows the fade marks from the removed decals of the rental company who owned it before us so would be nice to get rid of them. Not sure I've ever seen a resprayed motorhome on our travels, do many people do this?

Rich

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You have I can assure you they look no different to the gell coat finish I have repaired many and faded out making repair invisible.
Patch repairs do show up after a time as gell and paint react to weather differently, full paint jobs dont.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back