Lunar newstar 58 (1 Viewer)

D

dap

Deleted User
Wife and I went round the motor home dealers in the vicinity of Weston-super-Mare today.The one we liked was the Lunar Newstar 58.Does anyone have any comments on this vehicle - good or bad?

We are complete newbies to motorhoming so makes and models are just words to us I am afraid.The salesman told us it was an 'end lounge' type which meant that only the driver and front passenger seats have seat belts - which is no problem for us as it will be just the two of us using it.This one was a 2001 model.

Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006
The one we liked was the Lunar Newstar 58.Does anyone have any comments on this vehicle - good or bad?.

Hi,

we've got a 2005 model 58 with the L shape lounge. It's our first motorhome and we're really happy with it. Bought it last June.

Positive :
Nice and airy lounge
Good storage
Not too big. Think it's just less than 20ft
Wasn't too expensive. We didn't want to break the bank on our 1st attempt.

Negative :
You can't really sleep in the overcab bed. Maybe alright for kids but too restrictive for 15stone lumps like me.
No external storage. Would have liked an external cupboard to put wet stuff like hose and buckets, boots etc.

I've made a few mods to the seating slats at the back so I can store the awning and big stuff under the rear seat.

If you want to know more send me a pm.

Cheers
Alan

Upvote 0

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
hi there what age is the lunar ? if it is like this Link Removed then it should do you proud .:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
A bit difficult when just buying but think about selling it on:Sad:
given the number of posts on hereabout insufficient seat belts I would question the need before you buy
One guy on here suddenly realised he cant take his grand kids out in the Motorhome, even for a picknick:cry:and hes not used it yet
will this be a minus point when selling in the future:thumb:
Geo

Upvote 0

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hi,

we've got a 2005 model 58 with the L shape lounge. It's our first motorhome and we're really happy with it. Bought it last June.

Positive :
Nice and airy lounge
Good storage
Not too big. Think it's just less than 20ft
Wasn't too expensive. We didn't want to break the bank on our 1st attempt.

Negative :
You can't really sleep in the overcab bed. Maybe alright for kids but too restrictive for 15stone lumps like me.
No external storage. Would have liked an external cupboard to put wet stuff like hose and buckets, boots etc.

I've made a few mods to the seating slats at the back so I can store the awning and big stuff under the rear seat.

If you want to know more send me a pm.

Cheers
Alan

A bit late (as usual) but the same comments here. Like the van very much - provided there's only 2 of you. We use the luton for storage. Payload is good by the way

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back