Knaus Motorhome any info please (1 Viewer)

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Im thinking about a purchase of a Knaus Sun I 900. Looks clean as a whistle, 5500 kg, lovely inside. Just needs a beef up on solar b2b etc etc.
Ive never had knaus before, does anyone have anything bad about them/experience of them or ideally this type, I would love to hear from you. Im looking to buy this week.
this will be the longest van Ive owned, a few thoughts about places to park crossed my mind, but at 8.8 metres I dont think that would be a big problem with some planning.
Though I do like a spot of wilding when possible so that may be curtailed a bit. :(

thanks
1635017991593.png

Last edited:

M50

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Just come out of one of these we had from new ( don’t think it’s this one) only changed it as we fell out of love with the layout
It’s got one of them Fiat make your mind up at some point automatic gearboxes but you’ll soon get the hang of knowing when to stick in manual but on saying that it’s got plenty of poke to get up and over the Gelibay(spelling) big mountain on the Tour de France
we were in it at-15deg C in Austria in tee shirts without any worries
we had SAP fitted self levelling which made loads of difference

when we sold ours it was thoughly checked for “bouncy floor” as you step down from the bed area ours was ok but apparently it’s a know fault

I had it fully load with all our gear and it weighed in at a smidge over 5000Kgs and drove without any problems

Ours had 17” inch alloys on which gave it a good ride albeit I ran the tyres pressure lower than spec if I remember about 50PSI
( I’ve two brand new full winter tyres for sale if you buy it😜)
contact me directly if you want to ask me anything

Upvote 0
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Not sure you will be able to wild camp in an 8.8m van, it would be an invasion ! 😱

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We have a dealer fairly close and they are quite a popular brand here, in fact our neighbour recently sold his family van (luton style) last year as he was down scaling, they had it for about 15yrs and were very happy with it. All the ones i've seen look well made and are well equipped, they also seem to last well.

The model i see the most is the Sky traveller.

PS: that one in the pic looks stunning:love:

Upvote 0

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
We looked at the showroom example at Premium Motorhomes last year and TBH it was a very blingy machine inside; good for some but not really our style - perhaps I'm not posh enough.

Also, you'll need to keep an eye on the ground clearance as it's not blessed with much, should you wish to take it off road.

A well built van though :cool:

Upvote 0

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
oh dear, thats me out then ::bigsmile:

:giggle:

If you compare the likes of a big Knuas to some of the big alternatives (Frankia, N&B etc) them I think it beats them hands down in terms of 'quality for your pound'.

If you have a plan of how to get the best use out of it then I would go for it and buy it now.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tombola

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
:giggle:

If you compare the likes of a big Knuas to some of the big alternatives (Frankia, N&B etc) them I think it beats them hands down in terms of 'quality for your pound'.

If you have a plan of how to get the best use out of it then I would go for it and buy it now.
Yes thats my dilemma, i really like it and am happy (ish) with the price, I didnt have a plan for any upcoming big trips since I just sold my last van. I think it may be one of those things, buy it and then get planning, before its gone :)

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We have a Knaus 650 MEG Sun TI platinum edition and love it, it’s just over a year old now with around 7k on the clock. Before buying we did a lot of research and looked at a lot of vans, in our opinion this beat the others hands down. The only issues we’ve had are small and not Knaus related, for example the cab blinds don’t stay closed if any movement.
Ours has the double floor with ALDE heating and although we haven’t been out in any minus temps due to Covid it’s certainly the cosiest van out of the 4 we’ve owned. Our water tanks are in the floor but also have the ALDE heating running through them.

Forgot to say they are part of the Morello group, I think Knaus actually own Morello.

Upvote 0

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Yes thats my dilemma, i really like it and am happy (ish) with the price, I didnt have a plan for any upcoming big trips since I just sold my last van. I think it may be one of those things, buy it and then get planning, before its gone :)

Buy it :)

You'll soon adapt to it and if some trips need a bit more planning then at least you'll do it in style.

Upvote 0

Jon B

Free Member
May 24, 2021
Darkest Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 540
Exp
Since 2015
Very different example I know being a PVC - but our experience of Knaus so far with regards to our van is very positive. Finish inside is top notch, design and materials used are all good. We looked at both Hymer and Knaus models and preferred the Knaus in the end - probably swayed by the apathy shown by the Hymer dealer vs the Knaus dealer in all honesty 😉👍

Early days yet but only issue we've had to date is the recall on the dometic hob - can't blame Knaus for that.

From the pic you posted, it looks a fab A class.... another couple of metres and ours would fit inside twice 😂

Upvote 0
Aug 11, 2019
North Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 700
Exp
A newbie
We have a Sun TI 700. Had it for 16 months from new and put 8000 miles on it. Very pleased with it. All problems have been operator errors or inability to read, and understand, the manuals. Currently high in the Pyrenees. —5c last night. Warm as toast. Alde heating and double floor work a treat. Seems well put together. Schaudt and Votronic electrics as standard. I have added, solar, SOG, Gaslow, Maxxfan and LifePo batteries. None essential but all make things a little easier. Suits us very well.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tombola

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Alas, I woke this morning to head down and it was sold :( I dont usually hang about but even that was too quick for me
thanks everyone, Im waiting for another to appear just like it

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back