PaulnPauline

Free Member
Sep 14, 2021
Trowbridge, Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Hi there,
Although we have been caravanners for over 20 years, this is our first motorhome and we are delighted with it. After much searching we found our perfect partner, Autotrail Delaware but a little concerned about issues raised on forums, given how much they cost!
Hoping ours will be ok 🤞🤞
We do have one issue in that the spare wheel locking flap fell out whilst travelling (I was following behind in my car and watched it fall out but couldn't stop due to traffic) and AT say 4 - 6 week lead time. The lock is readily available though, so looking for alternatives if anyone has suggestions. I'm sure I saw something on line about making one??

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from rainy Ciren! ☔ (y)

(Don’t know about the lock……but I’m sure another Funster will!)

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Hi and another big w2f Enjoy.
Hope you get your spare wheel sorted,our van doesn’t have one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Music Video Hello GIF

Norfolk Nige

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 4, 2021
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Wiensberg
Exp
Caravanning since 1980, saw the light in 2020
Hi there,
Although we have been caravanners for over 20 years, this is our first motorhome and we are delighted with it. After much searching we found our perfect partner, Autotrail Delaware but a little concerned about issues raised on forums, given how much they cost!
Hoping ours will be ok 🤞🤞
We do have one issue in that the spare wheel locking flap fell out whilst travelling (I was following behind in my car and watched it fall out but couldn't stop due to traffic) and AT say 4 - 6 week lead time. The lock is readily available though, so looking for alternatives if anyone has suggestions. I'm sure I saw something on line about making one??
The replacement from AT comes in 3 parts, the lock, the cover to fit it in and the AT logo which they supply a double sticky sided foam ring washer to attach the logo to the cover. I had to get one for the Dakota I had. The sticky foam is useless, so use a good adhesive on it as well, both sides to make sure the logo sticks to the cover. Whole thing costs about £80 so you don’t want to make a habit of losing it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back