Ixeo drop down bed won't lock in raised position (1 Viewer)

Toffer

Free Member
Nov 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo
Hi. My name is Chris. I have had a Burstner Ixeo for 3 years now and am very happy with it. However we have always had a problem with the manual drop down bed not locking into place securely. It has come loose while travelling putting undue stress on the other side. Our dealer has solved the problem by installing a bolt onto the bed frame that slots into a hole in the wall. The bolt housing is now bending as a result of the weight and vibration while travelling. Has anyone come across this before and if so has anyone any suggestions for a more permanent fix?

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
On mine the bolts used to work loose on the hinges behind the curtains. Check they are tight. And Lubricate the hinges . Also needed a good slam to engage into locked position.

Colino

Free Member
Jan 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby T65HFL
I have a similar problem on my hobby. Have you tried having someone both sides when you push it up. What I find works for me is I hold the release handle in then give it a good push up then release as I get to the top. I do not leave any bedding or pillows on the bed though as this prevents the bed from locking in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Check the 'hooks' - our cab drop-down bed was always difficult to push up and 'engage' on the securing pins. Hubby adjusted the parts that 'hook' onto the pins and it has transformed it, before we had to push it up then fully push one side to engage the hook then the other, now we can just push it up in the centre and both sides engage without a problem.

Colino

Free Member
Jan 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby T65HFL
Check the 'hooks' - our cab drop-down bed was always difficult to push up and 'engage' on the securing pins. Hubby adjusted the parts that 'hook' onto the pins and it has transformed it, before we had to push it up then fully push one side to engage the hook then the other, now we can just push it up in the centre and both sides engage without a problem.
Do you have to remove the bedding ?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
These are the 'hooks' I'm talking about - hubby adjusted the cable itself so it wasn't so tight - it's like the cable you get on bike brakes so to adjust you alter the 2 nuts on each one.

Bed catch closed.jpg
Bed catch open.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Do you have to remove the bedding ?
No, he just opened the windows either side then dropped the bed down, that way you can get at each side through the windows.

Colino

Free Member
Jan 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby T65HFL
No, he just opened the windows either side then dropped the bed down, that way you can get at each side through the windows.
Sorry. What i meant was do you have to remove the bedding everytime you push the bed up and lock it in place.
Thanks Colin

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Sorry. What i meant was do you have to remove the bedding everytime you push the bed up and lock it in place.
Thanks Colin
Ah, no we don't remove any of it, there is the normal bedding which includes 2 duvets and 2 pillows (used to be 4), the only things he does do is move the pillows from the side to the front edge (windscreen side) of the bed so they sit in the centre which has a bigger gap between the bed and the roof, he then moves the outer corners of the duvets in about 6 inches from the side walls (at the hab end) so they don't get squished where the ceiling/panelling is at either side which prevents the bed from being pushed up fully.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back