It's inside out ! (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Hi all, when we first got the Sunlight M.H. I went through the van and removed some fixtures and fittings, like the middle mattress, of the fixed singles and sliding base, plus the table that forms part of the rather euphemistically titled third bed option, which is formed using the bench seat, the table, and part of the front passengers seat. The bottom rail, that located the lowered table when used as a bed looked like it could have another use. Much thinking later, [ it's a slow process these days :rolleyes: ] I thought it might work well if screwed to the outside of the van. Luckily, the ally profiled skirt extends quite high up, so fixing the rail to the uppermost point with some self tappers gave a rock solid purpose made hanging rail for the table that normally lives indoors. I had previously taken out the as supplied table, making my own temporary table, which is narrower,not as long, and lighter. This table can now be lifted off and taken outside in a couple of seconds for alfresco dining under the canopy. The rail is a slimline oval profile, treated ally tube. The plastic mounts are a chamfered design, so it actually protrudes less than the wheel arch profile. Itching to give it try, but the neighbours have already concluded I'm slightly eccentric, having a picnic in the driveway against a locked up van would certainly confirm their suspicions, It's him that needs locking up !!
Mike.

Attachments

• 20210221_113544.jpg
    20210221_113544.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 20210221_121133.jpg
    20210221_121133.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 52

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!