Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
Afternoon, put my paperwork in to get a foreign birth registration on Wed to the Irish govt (first step to Irish passport) anyone any idea how long it takes at the moment?
Alex fae Perth

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Last year we applied in March got the passport in September
That is good .My mate applied in February 2020 to the foreign birth registration & got caught up in the covid shambles. Didn't get registered until Jun 2022. His passport is being delivered on the 24th of this month , so they say. he even had to obtain certified copies of his marriage certificate & something else, so he could claim his state pension in december 2021, as the foreign registration centre had the originals.

Hopefully the OPĀ”s will be quicker :laughing:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Lyn's Grandmother was Irish, born in Waterford but we can't get a copy of the Birth Certificate as it was destroyed in the Dublin records office in 1922 dur
ing the Civil War

Not sure what to do next

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Lyn's Grandmother was Irish, born in Waterford but we can't get a copy of the Birth Certificate as it was destroyed in the Dublin records office in 1922 dur
ing the Civil War

Not sure what to do next
Can you get the great grand parents certs & work it forward from there? got to be worth ringing the foreign registration office & asking for a workaround?

OP
OP
Gingernuts
Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
Or any other certificates, marriage or death certificates! You wonā€™t be the only one so I guess theyā€™ll have a procedure šŸ˜
Can you get the great grand parents certs & work it forward from there? got to be worth ringing the foreign registration office & asking for a workaround?

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Applied about 8 weeks ago to get my gran on the birth register an no birth cert, I used a baptism cert that had her date of birth on it. Will let you know how I get on.
eddievanbitz might be something you can look into.
Cheers Cris.

Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/question/2023-01-24/335/

During 2022, my Department implemented a number of measures to address the volume of FBR applications on hand, with a view to significantly reducing the processing time for these applications. These measures, which include increased staffing directed towards the processing of FBR applications, have had a positive impact on the waiting time for applicants. The current waiting time for FBR applications is 11 months from receipt of supporting documents, down from over 2 years in September 2022. The Passport Service is currently processing FBR applications that were received in February 2022.

Aug 28, 2020
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
none
ing the Civil War

Not sure what to do next
Try the irish census records which are available online with exceptions like the situation you described. Might be worth a punt though

OP
OP
Gingernuts
Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/question/2023-01-24/335/

During 2022, my Department implemented a number of measures to address the volume of FBR applications on hand, with a view to significantly reducing the processing time for these applications. These measures, which include increased staffing directed towards the processing of FBR applications, have had a positive impact on the waiting time for applicants. The current waiting time for FBR applications is 11 months from receipt of supporting documents, down from over 2 years in September 2022. The Passport Service is currently processing FBR applications that were received in February 2022.
Well thatā€™s stuffed my hope of getting an Irish passport for retiring in Dec 23 šŸ˜

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Afternoon, put my paperwork in to get a foreign birth registration on Wed to the Irish govt (first step to Irish passport) anyone any idea how long it takes at the moment?
Alex fae Perth
According to the website 9 months as my children are doing it at the moment.

K9Motorhomers

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 19, 2021
North Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 540
Exp
Since 1979
Already had my N.Ireland birth certificate. My application for an Irish Passport from start to receiving it took 6 weeks ( Feb 2023 )

tkk

Jun 9, 2014
notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640
Exp
newbie but learning fast
ing the Civil War

Not sure what to do next
If you know what Church Parish she was in they may have relevant documentation, baptism records etc. I am not sure of the current status of such records re Passport application but it may help.

These Big Adventures

Free Member
Aug 18, 2022
Funster No
MH
sunliving A75
Exp
Newb
My wife applied in sept 22 to be registered on the foreign births register, apart from receipt of all the docs nothing heard as yet

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
I had one but because itā€™s more than five years out of date I have to start again from scratchšŸ˜­

Mar 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
SWIFT KONTIKI 649
Exp
SINCE 1980
ing the Civil War

Not sure what to do next
This affected quite a few people, myself included. I used a genealogist who found my Grandma's ''baptism certificate'' for me to use in the stead of her birth certificate. I haven't applied yet, wanting to let all the COVID backlog die down, but the wonderful lady to get advice from is Leanne Marks, e-mail address is leanne@brotherswish.com

Good luck!

Jul 21, 2020
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar
Exp
First timer
Hi.

I am also seeking to register my birth in Ireland and was wondering if any of you have found yourselves in a similar situation to mine. I have acquired my Nan's birth and death certificates and my Mum's birth certificate. However the FBR application also requires a state issued document for my Mother (driving licence/passport etc) She has never driven, so has no licence and her passport expired about 5 years ago. Anyone in a similar situation or has any knowledge of what the FBR dept will accept as a state issued document.

Thanks

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Hi.

I am also seeking to register my birth in Ireland and was wondering if any of you have found yourselves in a similar situation to mine. I have acquired my Nan's birth and death certificates and my Mum's birth certificate. However the FBR application also requires a state issued document for my Mother (driving licence/passport etc) She has never driven, so has no licence and her passport expired about 5 years ago. Anyone in a similar situation or has any knowledge of what the FBR dept will accept as a state issued document.

Thanks
A letter from a Government agency? Letter referring to her pension or something similar?

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Hi.

Thanks

For years my wife, (born in Dublin in the 1950s), was unable to locate a birth certificate despite enquiring at regular intervals with the authorities, and relied on a tatty baptism certificate instead. This was accepted for the grant of a passport until she let it expire and then it wasnā€™t! She then arranged for her father to make a deposition - which if I recall correctly was in person at the Irish Consulate in London - and the passport was then issued.

Since then, and with the digitalisation of records in Dublin, she has located a birth certificate, although it didnā€™t knock a few years off her age as hopped for! :LOL: We found the staff really helpful so maybe ask what they advise for the way forward?

Oct 27, 2021
Berkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
2021 Carado V132 LHD
Exp
since 2005
ing the Civil War

Not sure what to do next
Try looking for Baptism records at churches local to her birthplace

Garry - June

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Pershore, Worcestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia
Exp
Wife applied January 22, still not received, though made a mistake on application by getting two different witnesses for the application and the passport sized photographs which Rhona who is dealing with our application emailed and said it must be the same witness for everything so I had to resubmit a new application form.. hopefully that doesn't mean she will go to the back of the queue again..

Jun 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
My wife applied in sept 22 to be registered on the foreign births register, apart from receipt of all the docs nothing heard as yet
Did she have to send her current (UK?) Passport and if so, was it returned quite quickly? Or at all?

Thanks, Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back