Increasing Our Annual Mileage (1 Viewer)

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
We're just about to renew our 'vans insurance. We found the 5k miles allowance last year only just enough. We were thinking of increasing it to 7k but not sure if we'll require it as we've already had this years main holiday to the Outer Hebrides (1.5k miles) out of this years allowance.
Would those extra 2k miles make a huge difference to the premium or should we just wait and see if we need more miles then possibly upgrade if we need to?
Our 'vans security and storage is very safe and was just wondering how much the policy is loaded for the mileage.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I increased mine with Comfort in April to 10k a year and it only made a small difference to the price. Their next stage was ‘unlimited’ after 12k, but was quite expensive, so I stayed at 10 for now.

They just moved me on to business cover for no extra fee, which I was happy with.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Give your insurers a ring, it may not be much more expensive and will will give you a little leeway if you find yourselves at a loose end with a loaded motorhome and a few days spare.....

OP
OP
Wee Bold Davy
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
I just gave insurance a ring, told them that I had added a self leveling system and asked how much it would cost to add another two thousand miles to my annual allowance. Surprise, surprise I saved myself over £50 on the renewal that they had already quoted me by post. Maybe it was my subtle hint about shopping around!:smiley:

Reactions: DBK

Aerialmark

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 13, 2018
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Knaus/Weinsburgh
Exp
I'm new to it
Im just about to insure our first MH, would you recommend Comfort as their quote of £302 included breakdown cover and was about £50 more than other quotes without the breakdown cover ? Are they a reliable insurer for claims and breakdown (Especially in Europe ) ?
Thankyou

OP
OP
Wee Bold Davy
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Sorry can't give an opinion on Comfort, we went with Caravan Guard as we got an offer with our new 'van

Aerialmark

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 13, 2018
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Knaus/Weinsburgh
Exp
I'm new to it
Ok no problem thanks (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.