Huawei motorhome wifi issues with sims (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 18, 2021
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Newbie!
HI me again, another trip another sim issue! We are due to go Spain on Monday. After lots of research and previous issues on last trip with RWG I decided to opt for Tesco unlimited data. I made sure people that recomended them had got them working in a mobile router but unfortunately I seem to be having issues. It didnt work initially when it arrived but after a couple of calls with them we got it going and I thought it was all ok. However it seems when it goes in to sleep mode, when it wakes up it stops working. If I change the settings manually from O2 to Tesco, that does not work either, however if I take it out of the router, put it in my phone and then back in router it starts working again! This unit is driving me mad! I am tempted to take an old phone and just hotspot off it as I know it works in phone ok and then buy a sim in Spain but Tesco will let me cancel at mo as I am within 14 days so I could do that but then we will have nothing for the drive down and I will need to work. I cannot buy either of the others on my shortlist ie Poppit or IQgo as it will not arrive in post in time now.

Has anyone else had these issues?

Sep 28, 2021
Worcester, UK
Funster No
MH
LMC premium I650G
Exp
35y tugging + 2 in Motorhome
We had a Tesco sim and had the same problem, every now and again had to put it in a phone to get it to work, we were told that it’s not intended for a router by Tesco and they would eventually shut the sim down so we ditched it for WRG and been great for 2y.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Z
Oct 18, 2021
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Newbie!
We had a Tesco sim and had the same problem, every now and again had to put it in a phone to get it to work, we were told that it’s not intended for a router by Tesco and they would eventually shut the sim down so we ditched it for WRG and been great for 2y.
Yes they said to me its not intended for router when I rang last but annoyingly I rang and checked with them first if it would before I bought it and they said it would! So it sounds like it's 50/50. It says in their spec that it would too, but I think that's the issue. We don't seem to have luck with any normal sims and not many data only options.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back