LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Maybe a bit far for the OP but anyone who wants to find out more or simply an enjoyable day of entertainment might find this of interest:-

Broken Link Removed

I understand that overnighting at the venue is not a problem

Wyn

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Bought one.. was assured by all with reasonable practice I should be able to make some sort of sounds that were about right..
Two years on, and the Yuke is now in the loft.. Banana fingers and a cloth ear do not a yuke player make !!

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
@Janine - I accompanied Denise at Norden Farm - uke and accordion- what a combination! Your video is brilliant by the way! @Stollysmith - have you joined the Bristol Uke Jam?
Sounds like you are making lots of progress-I feel like I'm struggling to climb over that fence at fret 3 and get up towards the dusty end :eek::eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Is a cheap Ukulele, say one around £15 going to be waste of time - or would it be OK for a beginner? Would I be better looking round a second hand shop for a "better" one? I used to be able to sort of scrape a tune out of a guitar but that was a very long time ago, several decades in fact, worked up from 6 to 12 strings but realising I only had ten fingers the latter wasn't much of a success with me and it was a swine to keep in tune. A Ukulele sounds like it could be a gentle reintroduction and with four strings it would still leave me a spare one. :) (Finger that is.)

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
You do tend to get what you pay for with ukuleles, as with any other instrument.

We sell £20 starter ukes which are better than many others we've seen for that price. It's mainly the strings which let down a cheap uke - change the strings to something like Aquila for £6ish and it'll sound 100% better.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You do tend to get what you pay for with ukuleles, as with any other instrument.

We sell £20 starter ukes which are better than many others we've seen for that price. It's mainly the strings which let down a cheap uke - change the strings to something like Aquila for £6ish and it'll sound 100% better.
Thanks for that - I assume you don't sell your Ukes online? :)

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Reactions: DBK

nomadtim

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
Iwade
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 1017a
Exp
Around the world in a land rover Defender,UK to Aqaba Bmw r100gs, Uk to Turkey Bmw 650 gs Daker.
I spelt it straight away.

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
I also bought my first uke at the Wrenbury bring and buy this summer. Thanks to an awesome starter workshop with @Janine and Barrie I am hooked, and now belong to Gloucester Strings uke group and Friends ReUkenited! I'm absolutely loving it, despite never having ever played a musical instrument in my life before! Such a sense of achievement playing and singing a song all the way through! Yet another way in which MotorhomeFun has changed my life! lol!

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
The BUCs are alive and kicking as they say, although the facebook page is being rebuilt at the moment. We meet at the Coliseum Pub in Redcliffe street at 7.00 every Sunday. Next gig is this saturday at ashton park school, all welcome, bring your uku !

We went to BUC last night and had a grand time. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming - and we met another Funster (y)

Stollysmith

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Van hightop
Exp
Newby
Great to see you both and thankyou for sharing the 2 songs with us. Looking forward to seeing you again at Bridgnorth or one of your workshops. Great fun and laughter last night. Many thanks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back