How do I remove the headlight assembly from a Carthago Chic C Line to adjust Hella headlights for driving abroad? (1 Viewer)

AlisonS

Free Member
Apr 14, 2021
North Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT580
Exp
Since 2019
Before we purchased the vehicle, our left hand drive 2017 Carthago did have the Hella 90mm diameter headlights adjusted for driving on the right handside in Europe, until it failed the MOT and the previous owner had the lights adjusted back to driving on the left for the UK. Now we are going away I want to adjust them back but for continental driving. I can see how to adjust the headlights using the screws, but getting to the nuts to do this without taking the whole assembly out from under the bonnet seems impractical to me. I know there won't be an easy way but I'd like to take up the challenge. Before we learn the hard way does anyone have any advice apart from don't do this please?

Gazz Kaz+Spag

LIFE MEMBER
May 2, 2018
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2010
I think there is a small adjustment to move them to right and left. Its a screw/bolt to change the direction near the light under the bonnet

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I had a Vauxhall Calibra many years ago and searched all over for information on how to adjust the headlights (pre google) ended up at the main agents and a mechanic showed me a lever that was hidden if you didn’t know it was there. :doh:

Upvote 0
Oct 27, 2017
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
2nd time around.
Hope I've managed to attach correctly pdf received from Hella at Banbury " hellasales@hella.com " who I emailed recently with same question. They were extremely helpful - Let me know if doesn't open and will try again.

Attachments

• LHD-RHD OPTION 1.pdf
    220.8 KB · Views: 178
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back