Hot water has stopped working! (1 Viewer)

SurreyNick

Free Member
Jun 5, 2022
Funster No
MH
Looking for one now
Our N&B Flair Life has an Alde 2928 boiler installed. We have been away on our first trip and I had no problem getting hot water on the first attempt. However, having moved site I wasn't able to get any hot water. Boiler was firing up just fine and most likely I have simply forgotten to switch something on, but I mention the move because at the second site the MH was on quite a tilt towards the driver's side and I wonder if this might have been a factor.

The "instructions for use manual" mentions switches on the boiler control panel, but there are none of these switches on mine, just the ignition switch and the control knob (pictured). There is a control panel in the vehicle as shown in the other pic below. Do I need to have one of these switches in the on position to get hot water?

N&B Boiler Panel.JPG
N&B Control Panel 01.JPG

OP
OP
S

SurreyNick

Free Member
Jun 5, 2022
Funster No
MH
Looking for one now
I have gas to the hob. That works fine. The fridge is working fine on gas too. The boiler also fires up. But even after an hour on max temperature there is no hot water coming from the tap. Just cold water.

OP
OP
S

SurreyNick

Free Member
Jun 5, 2022
Funster No
MH
Looking for one now
Well, how bizarre is that? Got the MH back home and on level ground and the hot water is now working. It would seem just a few degrees off level, tilted towards the driver's side and that's enough to render the hot water system non-functional.

When we're back from our next trip I'll deliberately set it up off kilter and see if it happens again.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
It's getting very complicated having three threads on basically the same thing but I think if you can't see any fluid in the header tank you need to top it up đź‘Ť

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

SurreyNick

Free Member
Jun 5, 2022
Funster No
MH
Looking for one now
It's getting very complicated having three threads on basically the same thing but I think if you can't see any fluid in the header tank you need to top it up đź‘Ť
Sorry to hear you're confused, and now I'm getting confused too. I thought the header tank is to do with the wet central heating, not hot water for the shower and washing up.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Sorry to hear you're confused, and now I'm getting confused too. I thought the header tank is to do with the wet central heating, not hot water for the shower and washing up.

Just clutching at straws 🙂

7B553470-406C-4031-A441-0AB8FCC8B73F.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back