Help we have through what looks like electronic tolls on the A22 how do we pay? (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi guys came down on the tolls from Lisbon no problem as you go through booths, but on the A22 near Armacao de Pera we went under what I believe is an electronic toll, any idea how we pay?

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Wow you better pay quickly,,,,,,,

Listen, they have no money, but what they do have, is a particular set of skills,, skills they have acquired over a very long career,,,,skills that will become a nightmare for you!!

If you pay now, then that will be the end of it!!

But if you don’t,, they will Look for you,
They will find you,,

And they will kill you!!

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Allegedly there are various ways to pay If you didn't manage to pre register.

You can buy a pre paid ticket from various places, sometimes petrol stations. If you tell them where you started the motorway, the amount can be deducted. This worked for us ONCE but not recently.

You can leave Portugal and go online 15 days later to see what you owe and pay by credit card. This didn't work for us recently!!! Or maybe it did, depending on your point of view. We KNOW we used a toll road in the Algarve but, as far as the Portuguese toll company running this motorway are concerned, we don't owe anything!!

We've kept their email, just in case (y)

There may be other permutations on these, but nothing is straightforward with their motorway system :(.

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
After a Google it appears you can buy a toll card from the post office, so duly bought a €20 card, apparently you go online and associate the card with your number plate and that's it. Yeah who are they kidding.:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
After a Google it appears you can buy a toll card from the post office, so duly bought a €20 card, apparently you go online and associate the card with your number plate and that's it. Yeah who are they kidding.:D

Yes, that's the first one I mentioned. It did work .... once! But a Portuguese friend set it up for us!

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
After all those helpful replies here's a little picture of us now.
1557934806552953145507.jpg

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
We did this when we accidently ended up on a toll road on the motorbike Was easy, card comes into use when registered number plate recognition deducts fee. we have an unused unregistered one in case we get caught out again, and it is a weekend next time. only just caught the PO in time before it shut for a few days.

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Extortion Aire hd, 30' 9.5ton RV €4 per night, I did ask for a discount for cash but she pretended not to understand.:D

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Extortion Aire hd, 30' 9.5ton RV €4 per night, I did ask for a discount for cash but she pretended not to understand.:D

Speak louder next time. Tell her we haven't left the EU yet, we are still poor Brits.

Don't get fined for putting your chairs out, if it's that aire.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just by a voucher on line here, if you buy on the same day as you went through the toll road it will automatically deduct payment, if you buy later just ring them and they will back date it. You don't need to activate online purchased toll cards. Next time you top up it it will combine with the first top up using your reg number.
Any unused amounts can be claimed back afte 60 days of last use.

How do I know this, I did it last November.:)

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Well I entered the toll card along with my licence plate and the secret code on the bottom of the card and it seemed ok, but on going to the check balance screen it say the card isn't valid? So maybe the take time to register the card? But I am past caring now.:)
@hilldweller its that aire, a group have just been told to move their trailer so it blocks the view of them on chairs. We are going to wait until its dark before putting the bedroom slide out incase that's classed as camping. We are side on to the road so anyone just driving through the site would hopefully miss it.
IMG_20190515_182304.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back