Hele Valley Campsite (1 Viewer)

Jan 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van
Exp
15 yrs
Anyone stayed here nr Ifracombe? Is access easy enough. My Sundance is 6.3mts.

Any comments about the site good or bad?

other recommendations in the area?

Please and many thanks
cheers
Chris

Feb 22, 2020
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E582
Exp
2011, 11.6m cruiser on Thames for 5 years before
It’s OK, nothing special. No problem with access.

Hele Billy’s over the road is/was a good eatery. It’s not too far to walk into Ilfracombe, if you want to!

OP
OP
C
Jan 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van
Exp
15 yrs
It’s OK, nothing special. No problem with access.

Hele Billy’s over the road is/was a good eatery. It’s not too far to walk into Ilfracombe, if you want to!
Thanks. We like walking so that is not a problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lee337

Free Member
Sep 7, 2019
South Lincs
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None, absolutely none, although I did once own a VW T2 Westie which I used overnight a few times
Used to live not far from here, My father still lives in Hele Bay, so grew up in this area. The only access issue is if you're coming from Ilfracombe, turning into Old Berrynarbour road could be a little tricky as it's a hairpin turn. From memory, lots of static homes which you drive past as the touring pitches are at the far end of the site.

Easy walk to Hele beach and there are a few eateries within 5 minutes. Ilfracombe is probably 20 minute walk and there's little in-between Ilfracombe and Hele aside from playing fields one side and houses the other.. Probably another 15 minute walk to town or the harbour.

If you go, take a walk up Hillsborough, the big lump of rock as you're heading out of Hele on the right side. spectacular views of the harbour.

That nd of town is limited if you like walking, but the other side you have the Tors which is part of the coastal path leading to Woolacombe & beyond.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back