Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
After 11 years we may have to give up fulltiming

Lynn’s sister passed away with COVID and she was the main carer for her dad . Looks like we may have to take on the role and we are happy to do it .

I keep telling Lynne how can you care for your dad who will look after me ,Will I have to get my own beer from the fridge etc

We are looking to buy a house in the northeast where I’m from so I won’t be needing my flip flops anymore and I’m not sure if I may have to buy some long sleeve shirts . I don’t have a big coat lol

We are looking at a 4 bedroom house so we will have enough floor space for her dad and his dog also a bit of separation space for us so we can chill out

All we have is the contents of the motorhome lol

I’ve never done well with house’s I kept loosing them do to divorce however I do have a nice collection of carrier bags because that’s what I always walked away with , not forgetting I always got to keep the beer from the fridge.

Sad day but I’ve had a good time we have met so many nice people and seen so many places

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Huge step it’s not an easy thing today especially when you have been enjoying your freedom.
Well done for contemplating it but seriously gave a think if you could be added to those carrier bags😩😉

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Condolences to Lynn on losing her sister, the North East ain't that bad though ;)
I love the northeast and the first time Lynne came to the northeast she said there are a lot of polish people here and they are all taking gibberish...I said they are not Polish they are speaking Geordie lol

Nothing wrong with the polish

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
Condolences to Lynn on the loss of her sister, a new chapter for both of you, both of you take care & make sure you don't lose your sense of humour! 🤞

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Condolences to Lynn on the loss of her sister, a new chapter for both of you, both of you take care & make sure you don't lose your sense of humour! 🤞

Thankyou

I’m not worried about loosing my sense of humour I’m more worried about loosing another house lol

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sorry to hear about your Sister Lynne, Looking after Dad will be a doddle after all those years in training looking after Paul. Best wishes for this new chapter in your lives (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Sorry to hear about your Sister Lynne, Looking after Dad will be a doddle after all those years in training looking after Paul. Best wishes for this new chapter in your lives (y)
Thankyou Jim

Lynne said I need to put a tracker on Paul a couple of months ago I found him sitting outside a German van talking to the owner and drinking his beer telling him why Germany lost the war lol

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Condolences to you both for Lynne’s sister and I hope your next move goes to plan

I brought my mum under our roof , it’s a massive commitment 👍🌈

good luck
Thankyou

I agree David it’s a very big commitment and well done on you for doing it

We were thinking about buying a house after brexit because of the 90 day rule but we got a Irish passport

Then COVID came along and we found we had no where to go back too

I think we have had the best years and before COVID came along there were so many motorhomes in Spain & Portugal

It was getting harder and harder to find a pitch on aires and campsites where you wanted to be in the winter even the wild camping spots were full.

it’s not a done deal we will give up we need to give it some more thought

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
After 11 years we may have to give up fulltiming

Lynn’s sister passed away with COVID and she was the main carer for her dad . Looks like we may have to take on the role and we are happy to do it .

I keep telling Lynne how can you care for your dad who will look after me ,Will I have to get my own beer from the fridge etc

We are looking to buy a house in the northeast where I’m from so I won’t be needing my flip flops anymore and I’m not sure if I may have to buy some long sleeve shirts . I don’t have a big coat lol

We are looking at a 4 bedroom house so we will have enough floor space for her dad and his dog also a bit of separation space for us so we can chill out

All we have is the contents of the motorhome lol

I’ve never done well with house’s I kept loosing them do to divorce however I do have a nice collection of carrier bags because that’s what I always walked away with , not forgetting I always got to keep the beer from the fridge.

Sad day but I’ve had a good time we have met so many nice people and seen so many places
Sorry to hear of your loss, good luck with a change in direction.... dreadful situation in dreadful times for all of us...sooner we can all rid ourselves of this virus and return to normallity the better....

Last edited:
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Condolences to you both.
It is going to be a big change, but it sounds like you were heading towards putting down roots anyway.
All the best for your future.
PS....there are lots of things you can make out of carrier bags, perhaps a shower mat.... ;)

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Capped sleeve tee shirt weather here today Paul, Lynne will settle in champion up here welcome home ☀

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Capped sleeve tee shirt weather here today Paul, Lynne will settle in champion up here welcome home ☀
Don’t mind moving back to the northeast Dave it’s the winters I’m not looking forward too lol

We are not a 100% sure what’s happing at the moment we still have to sort a few things out with Lynne’s dad

I’m not even sure I’m ready to sell the van just yet but it will have to be sold if we are not going to be using it for a few years

On the plus side I will get to pick out another new van at some point

Lynne will love it she gets to refurbish a new house from scratch

I will get to fill up a garage with tools and gadgets I will never use lol

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Don’t mind moving back to the northeast Dave it’s the winters I’m not looking forward too lol

We are not a 100% sure what’s happing at the moment we still have to sort a few things out with Lynne’s dad

I’m not even sure I’m ready to sell the van just yet but it will have to be sold if we are not going to be using it for a few years

On the plus side I will get to pick out another new van

Lynne will love it she gets to refurbish a new house from scratch

I will get to fill up a garage with tools and gadgets I will never use lol
I will give you a tenner for your lithium's 🤭

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Condolences on your sad loss
Hopefully you'll be able to find a way to keep using the van in the future
Hope everthing works out for you

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Condolences regarding SiL

Moving a relative into your house and caring for them is a big step.

Hope it turns out ok for you as it won’t be easy.

Talking from experience and not trying to put a downer on it.

Good luck 👍

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Condolences regarding SiL

Moving a relative into your house and caring for them is a big step.

Hope it turns out ok for you as it won’t be easy.

Talking from experience and not trying to put a downer on it.

Good luck 👍
Thankyou

Yes we understand and we are still not sure we can do it

But it’s family and you have to do your best

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
We tried looking after my mum and keeping her at her home but with the dementia/ Alzheimer’s it was 24/7 care, so then my sister stepped in and moved mum in with her, we adapted her bungalow to make it more user friendly, that lasted six months until the inevitable happened full time care home fortunately she owned her home which was sold to fund a care home with good facilities we tried four over 3 years.
We always said mum would never go in a care home but we were wrong ☹️
Good luck with whatever decision you make 👍

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
We tried looking after my mum and keeping her at her home but with the dementia/ Alzheimer’s it was 24/7 care, so then my sister stepped in and moved mum in with her, we adapted her bungalow to make it more user friendly, that lasted six months until the inevitable happened full time care home fortunately she owned her home which was sold to fund a care home with good facilities we tried four over 3 years.
We always said mum would never go in a care home but we were wrong ☹️
Good luck with whatever decision you make 👍
I agree it’s not a easy decision to make and the 24hr care is something we may have to look at

Good on you for trying l

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
It's a big step and not an easy one, us children being me eldest two sisters then brother, when dad died the youngest sister decided to take on looking after mum, adamant she was not letting her go into a care home, she managed a couple of years but couldn't keep it up, physically and mentally she couldn't cope it's a huge challenge. 🤔
She is 87 now seems quite happy in the home, taken control of the TV remote 😀 and if my sister was asked I think she would agree she is better off now, mixing with people and having better care than she could provide. 🙂

Condolences to you and Lynne and hope it all works out for you both, 😉 with a house you can't just move it somewhere else, when you don't like your neighbour's. 😁 Bob.

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
It's a big step and not an easy one, us children being me eldest two sisters then brother, when dad died the youngest sister decided to take on looking after mum, adamant she was not letting her go into a care home, she managed a couple of years but couldn't keep it up, physically and mentally she couldn't cope it's a huge challenge. 🤔
She is 87 now seems quite happy in the home, taken control of the TV remote 😀 and if my sister was asked I think she would agree she is better off now, mixing with people and having better care than she could provide. 🙂

Condolences to you and Lynne and hope it all works out for you both, 😉 with a house you can't just move it somewhere else, when you don't like your neighbour's. 😁 Bob.
Thankyou bobandjane

I think it’s going to be hard enough going into a house we have lived in the motorhome for so long . I might not see Lynne for days lol

We will have to talk to Lynne’s dad and find out what he wants to do first

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Zepp.

Lynne & Paul, sincerest condolences from Rita for the loss of Lynne's sister. :cry:

The old sayings of "Family come first" and "Blood is thicker than water", are so very true.

We wish you both all the best in whatever decision you have to make for yourselves, and Lynne's Dad. (y)

Please don't be too hasty in letting the MH go, unless it's absolutely necessary....................................but if it has to go, can we meet up somewhere, and swap your 3 x Lithiums for our 4 x Gels, along with a cash bung to see you right for beers? :whatthe: ..................................... :LOL:

All the very best to you both,

Jock & Rita. :)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Thankyou bobandjane

I think it’s going to be hard enough going into a house we have lived in the motorhome for so long . I might not see Lynne for days lol

We will have to talk to Lynne’s dad and find out what he wants to do first

Good idea, when my dad retired he had time on his hands he never had before, he was one of the people that was told 'you won't know what to do with yourself ' 😉 unlike me who retired 15 years ago. 😁
He started walking my brothers boxer dog, growing things in the garden and greenhouse something my mum always did, started having days out on his bus pass just to get out and see people, being a londoner was always telling jokes, and then took over the kitchen and cooking cakes and he would take cakes and visit the old people's home, 🙂 had my mum gone first he would have been very happy in there, without us even suggesting it. 😁 Bob.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'm really sorry for the loss of you SIL however before you discuss it with FIL ensure you have explored all the options open so that when you do have that chat you can give him all the info.

It is a difficult decision for you all, regardless of the usual 'phrases' being used it is much more than a 'family' responsibility and works both ways. I don't know the age or health issue of FIL but my Mum is 95 and shows no sign of stopping anytime soon and I have to be honest it's not a role I would undertake in any way, shape, or form, as we'd end up killing each other - being selfish I would need to put myself and hubby first whilst at the same time ensuring my Mum is somewhere that she is happy and safe, 'family' doesn't mean it has to be YOU who does it.

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Zepp.

Lynne & Paul, sincerest condolences from Rita for the loss of Lynne's sister. :cry:

The old sayings of "Family come first" and "Blood is thicker than water", are so very true.

We wish you both all the best in whatever decision you have to make for yourselves, and Lynne's Dad. (y)

Please don't be too hasty in letting the MH go, unless it's absolutely necessary....................................but if it has to go, can we meet up somewhere, and swap your 3 x Lithiums for our 4 x Gels, along with a cash bung to see you right for beers? :whatthe: ..................................... :LOL:

All the very best to you both,

Jock & Rita. :)
Hi Jock & Rita
I hope you are both well if we do decide to take on Lynne’s dad we are looking to buy a bigger house so we have a little bit of separation if we need it

When we first started fulltiming one of the reason was it would be a great way to tour around and check areas and when we find a place we like we would buy a house .....never ever looked lol

Hoping to keep the van but if it is not going to be used we will have to think about it

Get in line for the lithium batteries lol but I will still have a beer with you

My head is done in with all the things that Lynne is telling me what we will need for a house

She says I have to get a car cos she would never ever get on the back of a bike again she was sick the last time lol

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Good idea, when my dad retired he had time on his hands he never had before, he was one of the people that was told 'you won't know what to do with yourself ' 😉 unlike me who retired 15 years ago. 😁
He started walking my brothers boxer dog, growing things in the garden and greenhouse something my mum always did, started having days out on his bus pass just to get out and see people, being a londoner was always telling jokes, and then took over the kitchen and cooking cakes and he would take cakes and visit the old people's home, 🙂 had my mum gone first he would have been very happy in there, without us even suggesting it. 😁 Bob.
Never thought I would like retirement but I love it but we have not been in a house since we retired from our real jobs I was 50 and Lynne was 45

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back