Habitation door placement, slide out and clearance behind drivers swivel chair (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2022
Northumberland, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello,

I am looking to do a chassis cab conversion with a custom size body, sometime in the next 12-18 months. It will have an aluminium frame and GRP sandwich panels.

Sorry if these questions have been asked before, I have done a search but as opinions change with experience over time, I thought it couldn't do any harm to ask again.

1) The driver's seat and front passenger seat will be swivel chairs (no seating directly behind them). On the drivers side, what do you think is enough of a gap to leave between where the chassis cab back wall would have been and anything that is built into the back?

2) If the habitation door is placed on the passenger side, as close to the end of the cab as possible, what is the minimum distance of panel you would leave on the side panel at the left hand side before cutting out the door section in the side panel?

3) The body is going to have a rear end slide out rather than a side one. When cutting the section in the rear panel where the slide out will be placed, what do you think should be the minimum amount of panel left around the cut out section so the panel still retains enough strength?

Sorry if these questions are stupid! ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back