Globecar Campscout - Truma Control Panel blown? (1 Viewer)

Jan 4, 2020
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
I read in the Truma 6E Manual that the Control Panel is polarity protected and that there should be a 1 amp fuse protecting the unit.

The heating was working fine this morning but I removed the Campscout control panel overhead the slidng door, looking for a 12v source for an LED awning light and may have "fiddled with" the Wago connections and blown something. The Truma Control Panel doesn't illuminate when I hold the button in for several seconds but there are 12volts showing at its Wago connector.

I've checked the fuse on circuit board under the Truma Boiler cover and it has continuity. The EBL doesn't appear to have any fuse links bust, so, have I blown the Truma Control Panel?

I have no lights on the boiler either - no red, no amber, no green.

Help.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Everything else is working as normal in the van? I would be surprised if there isn't a fuse/trip in place to protect the panel.
Is it on EHU? There are also fuses on the body of the Truma heater I think.
Mike

OP
OP
Hagstrom
Jan 4, 2020
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for your reply Mike.

Everything else in the van seems to be working fine but I suspect you may be correct about the fuse. The quick acting fuse on the boiler control panel is intact, but before looking at the fuse further down in the boiler enclosure which is referred to in the manaul, I've just noticed a second, 2amp blade fuse in a rubber holder about 2 inches away from the quick acting ceramic fuse and this has blown. It looks as though it has been an afterthought by the installer?

Awaiting some 2amp blade fuses from Amazon but am tempted to put in a 3amp in the meantime just to see if it kicks the boiler lights and/or the remote panel display into action. If it does, I can remove the 3amp fuse, feeling that I'm at least one step further forward, and put in a 2amp fuse for the long term.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Probably worth a try, you'll at least know if your barking up the wrong tree.
Mike

OP
OP
Hagstrom
Jan 4, 2020
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for your help Mike.

I put in a 1amp fuse this morning (2amp blade fuses are like hen's teeth) and the control panel display is now working, the boilers lights are lit and the heating works on gas.

There are some 2amp blade fuses arriving at the weekend when I'll restore the fuse to 2amps. It looks like the Truma claim that their Display Panel is polarity protected is justified.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Globecar do like to stick extra fuses in odd places :unsure:
There are ones behind the kitchen drawers for I assume the soft close on ours

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun